Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking is getting some bees for the craft.....

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:05 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 531 Total Views

Do you ladies think it is worth it, or a bees just a pain in the wazoo? I want the craft diamond though. I know from a money making standpoint, well they aren't so good, but they are cute as heck!  Bottom line, is it an easy craft? Are bees picky and such? Any help greatly appreciated. Yes, I have read the tutorial, just don't  want to hover around to make sure they are collecting and such. Thanks!

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anng.atlanta
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM

They are easy.  Just buy the cheapest hive and fill it with bees.  Plant some bushes or trees that have the honeycomb indicator, and you'll be good to go.

You don't have to release them.  I leave mine completely alone and have honey every day.

mom2aspclboy Group Owner
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Bees are the easiest critter to take care of. You buy a hive, you buy some bees, you make sure you have nectar plants and/or trees, and you leave them to do their job. I never bother with my bees and I always have honey. I have a bunch of pear trees from when we could gift them to each other & that's primarily what my bees use. Sometimes I plant sunflowers for oil & my bees will use those, too. 

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 4:41 PM

That sounds good, can get a diamond craft for cheap. Some of those crafts take 2 factories.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Bought the cheapest hive, and 20 fat bees. The tutorial said, " Buy the FAT bees." They are easy. Already have honey. I am more a rancher than a farmer, so I have trees galore. Thanks for the help!

marblesnuk
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

And now you can get the bee keeper award and get more gems!

Moms_Angels1960
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I think they are a good deal easy to take care of don't have to do anything except pick them when it's time and BTw why aren't you on my friends list anymore?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Yes, and I bought them yesterday and already they have filled 50 jars. I only have 150 more to go for the first award for 5 diamonds. Those first ones are always easy. So I get diamonds for crafts and the beekeeper award. Your right!

Quoting marblesnuk:

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Shoot, I don't know. We were friends, what happened? Have to go to luncheon. When I come back I will delete a few, and send an invite. Darned if I know. Maybe you added friends and I dropped off!

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

I think they are a good deal easy to take care of don't have to do anything except pick them when it's time and BTw why aren't you on my friends list anymore?

amommyslife03
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM

i found out the bees seam to like the lavender more for me? i plant it at night and harvest the next day and usually have a bunch but never really payed much attition on how much more they collect just know that now i have more than norm processing

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on Feb. 17, 2012 at 8:23 PM

, I posted on the 14th, I want you to know I got the first 5 diamond award today! I need 484 more jars for the next award for 10 diamonds. Right now I have 185 jars yet to be processed. Granted my farm is big, have lots of trees, but this will be the easiest 15 diamonds I think I've ever earned!!!!

Quoting marblesnuk:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)