Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be careful buying diamonds today 4-27-12 @ 50% discount

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 894 Total Views

A half an hour ago, I purchased $20 worth of credits at 50% off, which should have given me 400 diamonds. I was instantly given 200 diamonds and 100 credits. I tried to redeem those 100 credits the way I always redeem credits, and wound up buying another $10 worth of credits. Which bounced my checking account. I had been saving the $20 for today, hoping for the 50% off. Now the diamonds have cost me more than 200% instead of 50% off. I now have 200 credits, 100 of which I don't really want and am scared to death to try to redeem them, afraid they'll charge my debit card again and bounce my  checking account even further.

I bought diamonds the other day at the 35% discount and was instantly given 306 diamonds.

I have written to CafeMom trying to find out why this happened, but of course don't expect to hear from them before Monday or Tuesday, which won't help my checking account in the slightest.

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
anng.atlanta
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Eesh!

Can you call your bank and try to get them to stop the additional payment? 

RuthieJo1947
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I tried that, but they will charge me another $29.50 to stop payment, so I'm danged if I do and danged if I don't.

Another thing too, I have no transportation before the 3rd, and to stop payment, I have to go to the bank and show my ID.

myhighheels
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:41 AM

Quoting RuthieJo1947:

I tried that, but they will charge me another $29.50 to stop payment, so I'm danged if I do and danged if I don't.

Another thing too, I have no transportation before the 3rd, and to stop payment, I have to go to the bank and show my ID.

Try stopping payment on line! I don't buy diamonds/gems but I have stopped payment to other places where I have made a purchase!

RuthieJo1947
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:33 AM

The only way to stop the payment line as you call it, is to go to the bank and have them issue a new debit card. Problem with that is, I have transportation 1 time a month, which is on the 3rd, to go shopping. Closest bus stop is 2 miles away, so can't take a bus to the bank.

Viximo has refunded both the $20 payment and the $10 payment and I've written to them and told them that the diamond and credits are still on my game, so they can take them back. I never used them, because I wanted to clear up the situation. Now it's cleared up, I don't feel entitled to them.

Quoting RuthieJo1947:

A half an hour ago, I purchased $20 worth of credits at 50% off, which should have given me 400 diamonds. I was instantly given 200 diamonds and 100 credits. I tried to redeem those 100 credits the way I always redeem credits, and wound up buying another $10 worth of credits. Which bounced my checking account. I had been saving the $20 for today, hoping for the 50% off. Now the diamonds have cost me more than 200% instead of 50% off. I now have 200 credits, 100 of which I don't really want and am scared to death to try to redeem them, afraid they'll charge my debit card again and bounce my  checking account even further.

I bought diamonds the other day at the 35% discount and was instantly given 306 diamonds.

I have written to CafeMom trying to find out why this happened, but of course don't expect to hear from them before Monday or Tuesday, which won't help my checking account in the slightest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)