Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

Welcome to the Kids' Sports & Activities group! Please introduce yourself...

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to the Kids' Sports & Activities group!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page

Step 4: Add a signature to your posts.... If you'd like to, you can add a group signature to your posts.  Click here for siggies and instructions: Kids' Sports & Activities group signatures!

Anytime you have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message.  We really want you to have a great time in this group.

Now click reply and introduce yourself!

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy the Group!

Robin

by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
CrazedMomof2
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Hello! I am Sandra. I am a FTWM of 2, almost 3 kids! Due in April 2011! The older two kids are 7 and 8 and very into sports! Baseball and Softball are starting now!

moesuzy
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Hi! I'm Suzanne and I am a sahm of 3 awesome kids! :) Our boys are in 6th and 4th grade (almost 12 and 10 yo) and our daughter is 4. The boys play football, basketball and baseball, so we are very busy all year long. Our daughter can't wait to be a softball player and a cheerleader. She knows alot about sports because of having 2 big brothers. I'm excited about this group! It's amazing how your kids' sports affect the entire family and it is a challenge to keep a balance in the house.

twilanelson
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Hi, I am Twila Nelson and I am a mother of three 29 yrs. , 25 yrs. and 14 yrs. old.  I have two grandchildren 17 mos. and 3 yrs. old.   My 14 yr old is a 1st degree black belt in  Tae Kwon Do, she loves water polo, has been on the track team  and is now playing softball.  She is also an accelerated learner in an IB program.   She is a good student but is very athletic and loves to workout and run.  We are also venturing out to send my 3 yr old granddaughter to start learning fundamentals of soccer this weekend.  She is now taking dance classes.  And the youngest granddaughter may not be an athlete yet, but she keeps me running.

I was informed on Friday that I will be taking swimming lessons with my two granddaughters and the baby cousin.  They need three adults and I have bee elected to help out,   Fun !

Sammy486
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Hi there,

i just joined "cafe mom" a few minutes ago and this group caught my attention. I have a 5 year old daughter training in competitive gymnastics and I am always looking for advice, other people experiences and a sounding board. i am new at this so please be patient. I look forward to chatting with you.

ky_phoenix
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Hi my name is Christina,  I am the sahm to a wonderful ds (8 yr old) who plays everything so far and just tried out for soccer. ( I don't really want him to play because the season over laps with baseball...which he LOVES) but he wanted to at least tryout so I let him. So far he plays baseball, football, basketball, karate, and runs cross country. So I think he needs to take a break. We aren't the driving force though HE is...wants to succeed at everything. So I will be there in the stands cheering, in the car driving and in the first aid tent if things dont go well...lol

kmrtigger
by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Welcome to the group ladies!

faithfullove4
by on Mar. 25, 2011 at 2:44 PM

hello all, Im jennifer mother of two awesome kids ten year old boy and 6 year old girl. sports at our house is an all year long thing.my son play's football, basketball, and baseball. my daughter cheers for football and basketball and plays softball. I coach cheerleading in football and basketball. so with sports being such a big part of our lives, its will be great to chat with other moms that are trying to juggle jobs,housework,family and sports. hope to chat soon.

MelKap
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Hello there.  I am Melanie, a mother of three in Texas.  I have two boys and one girl.  My boys have been in sports such as soccer, basketball, and flag football.  The younger one, soon to be 7, has stuck with soccer for the last two years.  My soon to be 9 year old has tried them all and loves football.  He will be going into tackle football this next season which scares me.  My daughter is in dance.  All three schedules keep me pretty busy.  I can only imagine when my son starts tackle football.  He will have practice three times a week.  I will feel like a taxi driver by then.

They all come from a pretty competitive family.  Like any mom would say of their own, I think they are pretty good.

lish2127
by on Mar. 26, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I'm Alicia, 30, SAHM with a boy 5 and a girl 2, and expecting #3. I played a lot of sports and really miss it. Excited for my kids to experience it too. 

elliecooper
by on Mar. 27, 2011 at 7:33 PM

My name is Ellie, I am 43 years old and have two teenage boys (16 and 17) with my husband of 21 years.

My sons are both quite active in sports. My oldest runs track and cross-country and swims. My youngest plays lacross, runs cross-country and indoor track.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)