Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

About the helmets (biking,skating)

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM
  • 8 Replies

Do you have a brand you REALLY believe in?

Do you have good tips for getting the right fit?  Especially for girls - with LOTS of hair that makes it difficult to get a helmet on (when the hair is in pigtails)?

by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
natesmom1228
by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 5:39 PM

We are not brand specific, but I always have my son try on the helmet before I buy one. He still has the same one he has had for awhile.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Mar. 18, 2011 at 5:57 PM

I don't buy any specific brand. Both of our boys picked out Tony Hawk helmets the last time we bought new helmets.  

amberdy
by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 9:51 PM
I don't have a brand. But I would suggest only wearing them with her down. With hair up, you won't get a proper fit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Mar. 19, 2011 at 12:26 AM

When I bought my sons helmet, I tried on many before finding the right fit ( and ofcourse one he liked lol )... so no specific brand here... and I would imagine it being hard to wear a helmet with hair up in some sort of pony tail..

Miranda1127
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 1:10 AM

I don't have a specific brand. Whenever I'm a little weary on the fit I will go to the bike shop that we get most of that type of gear from. They are pretty good w/ getting a nice fit. DD has really thick hair, I couldn't even imagine trying to get the helmet on over pigtails. Maybe try low pigtails that sit at the nape of her neck...IDK that's my best Good luck.

Jess1231
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 8:08 AM
They have a new helmet that's called true fit I believe it's supposed to be a great one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell81
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Quoting natesmom1228:

We are not brand specific, but I always have my son try on the helmet before I buy one. He still has the same one he has had for awhile.

~Shell~
Group Owner Of ~  Tween Titans ~
Group Mod In ~
Moms With Teens ~
Group Mod In  ~
The Park Bench ~

kmrtigger
by on Mar. 24, 2011 at 11:43 PM

I do not have a specfic brand. And sorry no tips for your daughter, I have boys.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN