Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

QOTD - Monday: what are you looking forward to for the summer?

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM
  • 11 Replies

Are you planning on doing anything?  Is there anything you are looking forward to?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on May. 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM

No plans so far.

I am looking forward to my son's elementary graduation on June 7th. I took a long weekend then, but no plans yet with the time off I'm going to take.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I'm looking forward to my dd's high school graduation on June 5th.

Other than that just having off from work. It has been a long school year.

I am hoping to take a couple of bus trips with my sons. I'd like to go to DC for a day and NY~ Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. We are planning a trip to Virginia Beach to visit family, but not sure when that will be, probably August.

M4LG5
by Valeri aka HOT MOMMA on May. 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

At this time we don't have anything planned but i'm soooooo looking forward to sleeping in a little bit longer since DH will be home with the girls and I don't have to wake up early to take them to school.

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM
My DD will be playing summer lacrosse and all 3 kids will take swim lessons at the beach. DD will be her last year in Jr lifeguard training. And if all works out on time with no bumps in the road our adoption will be complete and we will have our son.
nngmommy83
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM
I'm looking forward to a few weekend trips for Natalli's tournaments but I'm really looking forward to our disneyworld trip! It's going to be so much fun!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
andrea96
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I'm looking forward to vacation in August. As warm as it has already been this spring, I dread the summer temps.

M4LG5
by Valeri aka HOT MOMMA on May. 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Quoting nngmommy83:

I'm looking forward to a few weekend trips for Natalli's tournaments but I'm really looking forward to our disneyworld trip! It's going to be so much fun!!

FUN!!!  I want to take the girls to Disneyworld sometime soon.  Maybe we'll do that in a couple of years.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Quoting andrea96:

I'm looking forward to vacation in August. As warm as it has already been this spring, I dread the summer temps.

You can send some of that warm to my part of PA. I don't remember ever having to wear sweaters in May before, lol. It just won't stay warm here.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I'm praying I hear tomorrow about a summer job.... I would really love for it to come through...

I've applied at one of Paul Newman's Hole in the wall camps for kids with disabilities. It's right up my alley. The last 5 years i've run Cub Scout and Boy Scout summer camps as a volunteer. Now I'm hoping ot make some $ at it.

Barabell
by Barbara on May. 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I'm praying I hear tomorrow about a summer job.... I would really love for it to come through...

I've applied at one of Paul Newman's Hole in the wall camps for kids with disabilities. It's right up my alley. The last 5 years i've run Cub Scout and Boy Scout summer camps as a volunteer. Now I'm hoping ot make some $ at it.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)