Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

QOTD - Tuesday: What kind of facial wash do you use? PIOG

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM
  • 5 Replies

What kind of facial wash do you use?

I recently stopped using proactiv because I can't afford it anymore so I switched to neutragena but I think i am allergic to the salylicic acid (?) because my face is itchy and it has little bumps on it.

I've always had problems with acne so i need a good facial wash but is gentle.  Any recommendations?

May is National Foster Care Month!

CHANGE A LIFETIME

by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Sorry, I don't use anything special. I wash with whatever soap we use. Right now it is Irish Spring.

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

Barabell
by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I responded in the other group. I hope you find something you like soon!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 29, 2012 at 6:56 PM

My dd uses the walmart brand of proactiv. It's a bit cheaper and has the same 3 step process, pretty sure the ingredients are the same as well.

I use dove soap for daily washing and apricot face scrub to exfoliate weekly.

JSKKP831
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I've recently switched to Simple. It's a new brand (to the US) out of Australia and it is suppose to be especially made for sensitive skin and it doesn't contain any harsh chemicals. I can't really give any feedback on it just yet since I haven't used it for very long. I haven't had a reaction to it though so, so far so good. I had a bad reaction to neutrogena products so I don't use them any more. Most of their products are harsh.  I really hope this is the one! I have yet to find 'the' product that works for me. I have had some where I thought it work because towards the end of finishing it my face would clear up, then I would buy it again and it would just breakout all over again. It sure is a trial and error type of thing. I hope I find one that works great soon so I can start wearing make up again. I don't wear makeup very often because it breaks out worse and it just doesn't look good when my face is bumpy.

Good luck! I hope you find what works for you.  

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:05 AM
I use baking soda. I make a little paste and wash. It works so good. I started this when I started the no poo on my hair. Wow I have no more reactions or acne.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN