Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

How many sports are your kids involved in?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM
  • 6 Replies

Do you limit the number they can do?

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Yes I limit it, to some degree... based on available time and finding....

Each of the kids is required to do a sport 2-3 days a week. I don't choose the sport but I require they do it.

My oldest did Karate for about 3 years and decided to take a break. He did competitive swimming from september until last week so about 2 1/2 months and decided he doesn't like the coach, he really hasn't made any friends on the team and it A LOT  harder than he epected so he's going back to karate. (LOL) I also train in karate si it has bee nfun having something to do with the kids.

The younger two, (9yo DD and 12 yo DS) also did karate for about a year each. Now they have both doing Gymnastics for a little over a year and enjoy it.

Middle DS also tried BMX racing for a while. We live in the high desert and the 115* in the summer and the freezing temps in the winter made it not his thing..too hot or too cold! LOL  The oldest tried out for flag football once... that didn't go over well! LMAO!! They all did about two years on a homeschool bowling league but that was several years ago now. I had fun at that one and maybe they wil ldecide to do it again.

I also require the boys to do Boy Scouts. The benefits they get from the program are life-long. As I stated in a previous post, I really dislike the Girl scout program so I would allow DD to stop if she wanted to.

They also do church activities. The oldest finished Confirmation and the middle one just started. Once he's finishes, DD starts the next class....

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

nngmommy83
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM
Two right now. Soccer and basketball right now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaylaMillar
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM

their arent in any right now....i will limit it when the time comes

mysweet1s
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM

It's not based on the number of sports, because some sports aren't very time intensive. 

My DS is just playing basketball right now (he plays football, baseball, and golf at other times of the year).  Basketball is 2 nights per week and tournaments every single weekend.

My DD is in 2 sports right now - competitive swimming and basketball.  Swimming is 3 nights per week, but basketball at her age in our town is just one saturday each month. So, she can do both and not be over scheduled. 

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:20 PM

None.. they are more into casual outdoor activities. 

tabi_cat1023
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:22 PM

no sports for my kiddo they dont like sports much

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)