Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

Mountain climbing

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM
  • 14 Replies

Ever been?

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Nope

momofsixangels
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM

No way too scared of heights

Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Yup! We go out to Joshua Tree National Park every year in February and go rock climping. Its a blast. We don't go up super high, but more than beginners....

I will see about posting pics...the last time I had a pretty scary accident...but we will go again this year!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Nope

Bob192
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Yes, in New Mexico.  It was lovely!

dusky_rose
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I've never been mountain climb per se, but I've gone on mountain hikes before. There are some beautiful views up there.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Here is the first one.. from a couple years ago - it was approximately an 80 ft climb.  So you can see the size of it. The second pic is me rapelling down after the climb up

The pic below is my "horror story" Itwas bout a 40 ft climb and while rapelling down, my hair got stuck in the figure 8 (where the rope attaches to the harness) and I had to cut it out ita pocket knife.  Luckily for me, I was aware of what was happening and slowed down so I didn't rip my scalp off. I stopped in time. My instructor and an assistant wer able to climb up and hand me the knife (my own was in my pocket under the harness and I couldnt get it out) and support me while I cut loose.

Here is the AFTER pic, you can see the hair gone from half my head, and the big wad of hair in the rope - EEK!

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Here are a few of the kids.. LOL

Here is Sean on the big wall - going up..he was about 10 yo on the climb...

And Sean Rapelling down the big wall :)

Here is Ian on a short 40 ft climb - me taking the pic from the top when he was about half way up...

Here I am going UP the big wall from the first post...

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

louannwilkins
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:57 PM

no

Barabell
by Barbara on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:48 PM

mountain hikes, yes

propelling up or down a mountain, no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)