Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

What do you do while kids are in activities

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

During dance, scouts, lessons etc so you hang around, are you in charge of them, do you go and do other things?

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JanuaryBaby06
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:01 PM

i am  a watcher-lol.

nngmommy83
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:34 PM
I watch, sometimes I go home to make dinner or run errands. Just depends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bob192
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I usually stay in the car with the other kiddos and if they are quiet, I get a little down time.

HeartofGold
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I am at all his activities and I help him when he has an activity he needs help with. I watch and observe when there is nothing for me to do or help with.

momofsixangels
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Watch or talk to other Moms

Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

At Scouts, I've always been a leader - from Den Leader all through Cub Scouts, and now Scoutmaster of the boy Scout Troop. This means that I advise and direct and try and keep the kids from harming themselves but TRYING to stay out of it so they can learn to run the Troop and themselves.

At Gymnastics or Karate, I pay attention (most of the time)  so that I can encouragre them to stretch or help them with moves at home during the week.

Sometimes I sit n talk with the other parents, sometimes I bring a book to read and relax. When DS 1 was doing swimming, I flat out told him , "I know nothing about coaching swimming - so this is all you!" I would encourage and cheer from time to time, but on technique, I had not advice.

On RARE occasion I would go and run errands - if it were an emergency or a really busy day but since all the sports they do are"dangerous" (karate and gymnastics bothhave posible head/back injury) I try to stay.

catholicmamamia
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Usually helping out, or if nothing needs done visiting with other moms there. We homeschool.. but if we did private school, I would be the PTA/room-mother type! 

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM

My DD is in high school so she is on her own most of the time. I do however go to most games and shows for band. My son is only 4 so I go and watch. He's to young to be left.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I stay at my kids practices. I'll read or talk to other parents.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM
I'm a den leader, but at sports I'm on the bleachers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)