Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

Who pushes more

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

For your child to be in a sport?Your or your dh?

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jan. 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Neither, we leave it up to our children. If they want to try a sport we'll sign them up as long as the schedule is doable. If they don't want to play anymore they don't have to but they do have to finish out the season.

momofsixangels
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

We let our kids decide too

Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Me... I require that they do some sport a minimum of 2x per week. They get to choose what it is within reason.

Ex: DS1 wanted to do ice hockey ~ not possible for us. The closest rink is over 1 1/2hrs away. Can't afford that plus fees, plus skates, etc.

They must also finish a seasonif they start it. Karate doesn't have a season but I just bought DS new sparring gear and a weapon so he is committed until he earns his next belt. That was the deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:19 PM

My DH and I could care less if our kids are in sports.  It is entirely up to the child.

KimmyPoo
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Both.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lynn750
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I do. I was horrible at everything as a kid, so I want them to have the chance to learn how to play, and learn about good sportmanship and competition. My kids can choose what they want to do, but they have to choose something. Currently, my DD is in swimming, and both kids are in horseback riding lessons. My DH couldn't care less if they do sports, but he has to do most of the transportation, since he gets off work before I do.
Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Ps...a big part of my reasoning is that we live in a crappy area where the kids can't just go out and play/run around unsupervised. If I didn't have them active in sports they would just sit home aand play video games.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JSKKP831
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Neither of us push our children into anything. We introduce them to it and if they enjoy it, then we encourage and support them. If it is something they turn out not to like, then we have them finish the season, but not sign them up for it again.  

JSKKP831
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Ps...a big part of my reasoning is that we live in a crappy area where the kids can't just go out and play/run around unsupervised. If I didn't have them active in sports they would just sit home aand play video games.

We're in the same boat.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:35 PM
This.

Quoting mumsy2three:

Neither, we leave it up to our children. If they want to try a sport we'll sign them up as long as the schedule is doable. If they don't want to play anymore they don't have to but they do have to finish out the season.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN