Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

Horseback riding party! Giddyup!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM
  • 4 Replies

My DD turned 9 a few weeks ago, and we had her birthday party where she goes for horseback riding lessons. My 11 year old DS takes lessons there, too.  We had 9 kids come to the party, and one has already signed up to start lessons there, too.  The kids had a great time!  They rode for about 45 minutes, even trotting and playing red light, green light.  (Only my kids and one other girl had ever ridden before).  Then, we went out for ice cream, and some of the kids came back to our house to play for a while.

It was the least expensive, easiest birthday party my kids had ever had!  I didn't buy the table settings, pizza, cake and drinks that I usually buy.  I was a little surprised that only two parents stayed for part of the time, then they both left.  I would not have left my kids in a potentially unsafe activity, without staying to offer assistance, if needed.  The kids all led their horses to and from the two arenas, and a few needed some help when walking past the hay bales, since they wanted to have a little snack!  Do you leave your kids at parties, or do you stay and help/chat/supervise?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momofsixangels
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

What fun!!!!!! I love horses

Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Way cool!! I'm so jealous!

I love the idea! DD is turning 10 this year and would love that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:17 PM

What a great party!

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:44 PM

It depends on the party, the venue and whose party it is, as far as whether or not I stay. When the kids were younger, my youngest didnt want me to leave.. he wasn't clingy, just was like, you know,mom, you can sit over there at the table and have coffee while the party is on...lol....  now of course, since about age 9, its been "see ya mom! "  If I know the mom doesn't  handle groups of kids and there aren't aides or helpers from the venue, I might stay.   If I find some other moms staying and we can chat comfortably, I stay. Otherwise, Im out of there. And, from the hostess' point of view, unless you can stay out of the way , or be of help, what is the point(unless your child really wants you there).. leave your cell number, and enjoy an hour or two away...  you are likely going to host a party with their kids in attendance in a few months, so you can return the favor.....   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)