Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

Trying to find a sports program for my little ones.....know of any?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi!

Im new to Cafe Mom and Im super excited to be a part of this! I have a boy and girl who I want to get involved in some type of sport. Problem is they don't really show interest in any specific sports. I just want to get them active and socializing with other kids. Anybody have any suggestions?  

bow down

Thanks,

Carmen

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Replies (11-14):
Barabell
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Programs like that for that age range are run through the rec centers and/or community education in our area. Information can be found on their websites, and twice a year I receive community ed booklets of available classes in the mail.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Excellent advice.

Quoting Lynn750:

I would check your local YMCA or Boys and Girls' Club.  They have very good prices, and aren't very competitive.  We have lots of local sports and classes through our city.  You can check on your city's web site to see if they offer sports programs.  I would definetely recommend swimming.  It's a wonderful excercise, and it can save their lives.  My kids started swimming when they were 3.  My daughter is 9 now, and competes in all four strokes.  She loves it! 

My kids have done karate, tennis, soccer, baseball, volleyball, dance, bowling, basketball, archery, and are now into horseback riding.  Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts are great programs, too.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
carmen305mia
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:21 AM

This is all great advice! Thanks everyone!

carmen305mia
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

HEY! Has anyone heard of Revo soccer? What about Skyhawks?        I checked out their website (skyhawks.com) & they are offering all types of sports programs at Revo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN