Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

Kids who play sports that have high goals

Posted by   + Show Post

My DD is 10 yrs old... She is an amazing little lady. She is also an amazing athlete.. She loves to play softball and it happens to be what she is good at (sports wise). She has been playing for a few years. Even at her younge age she has been on a championship team and  has already decided that she is gonna go to college and play college ball. She is currently on a AAA team, and will be trying out for a travel team that plays during the reg season. So that would make two teams in spring season. She is not on a team of girls her age she plays with girls 2 yrs older than her. She has three practices and one lesson a week. She is a straight A student and has never let her grades drop. I am a very proud mommy. She has excelled in everything she has put her mind to. 

My question is... Do any one else have a child who is as goal oriented?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Replies (11-12):
Barabell
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM

My son is very goal oriented in sports. He is goal oriented in education in terms of the long term view, but sometimes he loses sight of the short term goals. I've been working with him on staying focused on staying on top of school work, and I think he has been improving in that regard.

My son would LOVE to play hockey in college, and so I hope that ends up working out for him.

psuahr
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM

My daughter continues to amaze me with her goal setting - I don't think that I would have known a goal if it bit me at her age... except for a soccer. Hannah has been doing gymnastics for more than 7 years, and at age 9 competes in a league that uses high school scoring. Starting about a year and a half ago, she would set goals for herself on events based on the skills she wants to achieve. Since the fall, she had been on something of a plateau, which has been very frustrating to her, but she has kept up the hard work. The results? This past weekend, she had her highest score of the season by 2 points, and on Monday, she was able to check off another one of her goals. She not only got her kip, but she also got her castaway kip, plus she stuck a roundoff backhandspring full on the rod floor. From here the goals only get harder. And yes, she is just a great student on top of it, and sets goals there as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN