Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

1st day of practice today!!!

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm excited to get started.  I've talked to all the families.  They seem like they are really nice and supportive.  I do think its going to be a challenging year though.  Last year I had girls all the same age and almost all at the same level.  Of course it was player and coach pitch so it was definitely a good time to teach the less experienced girls.  Now that we have moved up....pretty much straight softball now.....we will be introducing a lot more strategies but there is a big difference in level of experience.  I have 3 girls out of 11 that have never played before.  They are just learning to catch the ball. 

It's okay though....it will make me be really creative when it comes to practices and teaching all of them the same concepts but work with ones that need a little more help. 

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Barabell
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Good luck to hopefully a fun season!!

KimmyPoo
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM
How is it going?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Valeri aka HOT MOMMA on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Really good. Huge improvements by everyone and most of all they are having fun. One of the 3 that have never played before is doing phenomenal, one is not performing as well but its just a matter of a little more practice, and one is just lost.....since she rarely makes it to practice. When she does make it, she is late.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN