Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

I got a lot of hustlers!!!

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

As I mentioned before, this year's team will be a bit more challenging than last year because I have more players that are less experienced at softball.  BUT...i do have to say that I have a bunch of hustlers!  The last couple of practices have been great.  They are hustling everywhere and really showing a lot of effort.  The coaches and I have praised them over and over again for their effort and I can see that it is really motivating them to hear the compliments. 

by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Barabell
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Good for you!

I wish my son's practices had been going like that this past season. Too many kids goofing off and not enough hustlers. :(

M4LG5
by Valeri aka HOT MOMMA on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Good for you!

I wish my son's practices had been going like that this past season. Too many kids goofing off and not enough hustlers. :(

That bugs the crap out of me.  As I told the girls, practicing and playing softball is fun and we will definitely do fun things to make it better.  Being silly, on the other hand, is not always fun.  There is a place and time to be silly and most of the times at practices....that is not the place.

Barabell
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Barabell:

Good for you!

That bugs the crap out of me.  As I told the girls, practicing and playing softball is fun and we will definitely do fun things to make it better.  Being silly, on the other hand, is not always fun.  There is a place and time to be silly and most of the times at practices....that is not the place.

I agree with you. I know my son's coaches agree with you, and I'm sure my son agrees with you. He often leaves practices frustrated. :(

M4LG5
by Valeri aka HOT MOMMA on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Barabell:

Good for you!

I agree with you. I know my son's coaches agree with you, and I'm sure my son agrees with you. He often leaves practices frustrated. :(

I'm sure that is frustrating for your son.  He is serious about hockey (but still has fun).....it sucks when everyone around you doesn't take it seriously enough.

Barabell
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Barabell:

I'm sure that is frustrating for your son.  He is serious about hockey (but still has fun).....it sucks when everyone around you doesn't take it seriously enough.

It's sad because they still have a few weeks left, and I, personally, am just so DONE with this season. I know my son still loves it and has fun, but I didn't even want to go to his games last weekend. I never felt that way before.

I think I still have resentment over him being placed on this team, and the team I thought he should have been placed on (based on skill) are the district camps and are going to regionals. Yet, a lot of his team can't even catch and receive passes well. They've had over 50+ goals scored on them, but less than 10 of those happened while my son was on the ice. (Probably 1/2 of those were probably the other D's fault too for not being in their position--like not covering the backdoor.) He's just not the same skill level as them, and a lot of his team mates aren't even putting in the effort to improve. I just feel like he was wronged, and as a mom, I hate feeling that my child was treated that way.

Well, sorry about stealing your post. At least you don't take it for granted and you know how luck you are to have motivated kids. It really does make the season fun and enjoyable, no matter what the win-loss record ends up being.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM

That's how I'm feeling about my son's basketball team this year.

Coach issues not personality wise just no main coach throughout the season, limited practice times~ due to school gym schedule, ball hogs, inability to work as a unit/team and unfortunately it showed during the games. My son is so frustrated and I feel bad for him. At least he wants to join a summer basketball league~ different boys on the team.

Quoting Barabell:

Good for you!

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Congrats to your team Val. It sounds like they are trying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN