Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

Guest playing...ok or not

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 6 Replies

My DD plays on a 10U travel softball team. They are a new, younger team. So the key positions (pitcher and catcher) are well a little rough lol. Plus we are a little short of players sometimes. Anyways we have a couple girls that will come guest play with us. They are on other teams, but we never ask them to play when their team has tournaments and the coaches have not tried to "steal" them away. They are just friends with the parents and ask them to play with us every once in a while. Anyways one particular girl's(she is an awesome pitcher) coaches get so PISSED about her playing with us. I just don't understand the issue. Her parents and the girl are more than happy to play with us. She loves to play and she loves to be looked up to with our girls...lol. Maybe I'm just blind to the issue, but I don't see the big deal if they were not planning on having a tournament the same day/weekend?

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KimmyPoo
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Dont see nothing wrong with it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Do you mean the coach of the girl who guest plays gets upset?...
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 5:15 PM
If sge is a pitcher, and if softball has similar guidelines as baseball, there are limits on how many pitches a player can throw ...I know sometimes if one if our players had pitching practice at a nearby facility, the coaches have to limit the # of innings or pitches....
Barabell
by Barbara on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:09 PM

It's not allowed at my son's hockey association, but I don't see the issue if the rules for your kid's association allows it.

bumNmoos_mom
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Most team have reserve players and that is prob what they are.. My dd is also a player on a 10U travel team. She is a catcher/pitcher. 

We have had that prob the thing is when you play on a travel and house ball which my dd does it takes alot out of a kid. We went last week  7 days and she was exhausted so it can be the other coach wants her rested and does not want her to over work herself. Maybe!!!

M4LG5
by Valeri aka HOT MOMMA on Apr. 22, 2013 at 3:21 AM
For softball (ASA), I don't believe they can play on another team if they are registered to play on another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)