Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Detergant

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM
  • 11 Replies

What is the best detergent do you find best to get smell out of the sweaty clothes?

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nymom13
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I use Arm & Hammer detergent and usually Downy with it. My ex MIL claims that everyone in her family is allergic to Downy. Well, that's not true because my daughter is in her family and has never had a reaction to it
Jinx-Troublex3
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:35 PM
I like the Costco free and clear detergent. When we have really sweaty karate his or work out clothes I add about 1/4 cup of baking soda to the load.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 16, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I like Era.

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Original surf when it came out was awesome. Now Tide mixed with downy works ok.
Barabell
by Barbara on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Right now, I'm using Purex. But I like the Tide Sport with Febreeze the best.

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:23 AM

We make our own and I add a little baking soda to really smelly clothes. Works like a charm and is a lot cheaper than any store brand

my2kidsmom9498
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I use what ever store brand is on sale but add a little vinigar and the smell is gone. 

countrymomma81
by soccermom on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I make my own now but when I was using store bought detergent I would use Tide with Febreze sport on my kids and husbands sports clothes. 

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I'm taking this to the next level, what about shoes???? I have inherited my dd cross country shoes. They are the most expensive and most COMFORTABLE running shoes I have ever bought. She no longer wears them, so I snagged them for work.
I got them wet the other day and now they STINK!!! I have tried washing them in vinegar and baking soda, it's not working.
Argh, I finally find comfortable shoes and this is what happens. There is NO way I would spend that on work shoes, but dang it they are comfortable.

Quoting jhelmke:

What is the best detergent do you find best to get smell out of the sweaty clothes?

HoosierMom2JB
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I find that Tide w/downy along with downy unstoppables works really well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)