Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many days a week do you chase kids?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 20 Replies
We have a 10 day break from baseball, and well all sports, since all three of our beautiful children have gone on vacation without us. They will be missed, but I for one am glad for the downtime.

We have 2-3 things 5 days a week (there are three kids, even though I'm stuck on baseball right now) and for now until fall baseball every weekend, then we switch to basketball and cheer on the weekends. How many days a week do you spend on your children's ECs?
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:40 PM
baseball. two games a practice and private coaching. scouts. the meeting place is my second home. basketball. rec league. a couple of games a week. soon music lessons. at two different sites. and ds 14. wants to take up lacrosse.
HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:42 PM
You're a busy lady as well :)

Quoting calsmom62:

baseball. two games a practice and private coaching. scouts. the meeting place is my second home. basketball. rec league. a couple of games a week. soon music lessons. at two different sites. and ds 14. wants to take up lacrosse.

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I know we are in different parts of the country, but how does the private coaching go? We have decided to hire a pitching coach for E, but not sure what is reasonable, how long the lesson should be??? I have to go about an hour away, but everything is about an hour away from us, lol this is just in the other direction.

Quoting HilbillyMamaof3:

Quoting calsmom62:

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:56 PM
i think its de rigeur. my youngest kids arent in as many things as the older ones were so its not too bad. and i dont have little ones to cart around either. i can leave one home when the other one has something going on. and alot of things are within a mile radius.

Quoting HilbillyMamaof3:

Quoting calsmom62:

calsmom62
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:59 PM
i pay 90 an hour for the coaching session. they work on fielding and hitting with him. and will start helping him with pitching a bit later. it gave him confidence to keep playing. he felt as though he wasnt as developed as players on his league. he would have quit otherwise.

Quoting HilbillyMamaof3:

I know we are in different parts of the country, but how does the private coaching go? We have decided to hire a pitching coach for E, but not sure what is reasonable, how long the lesson should be??? I have to go about an hour away, but everything is about an hour away from us, lol this is just in the other direction.

Quoting HilbillyMamaof3:

Quoting calsmom62:

M4LG5
by Valeri aka HOT MOMMA on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Last year for soccer, all the girls had practices on the same days.  My twins team and my oldest daughter's team practiced about a mile away from each other on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Games were on Saturdays so it was only 3 days a week.  We were able to manage this because neither of us coach soccer. 

On the other hand, for softball, my husband and I both coach so we have to try to arrange our practices to make sure we support each other.  With games during the week and practices, it was easily 5-6 days a week.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 3, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Depends on the time of year. This summer I only have one doing a summer basketball league. Very relaxed, just a game played on Thursday evenings.

In the fall I will have both boys in football (one tackle and one flag). Practice for both starts mid August. They will both practice M-Th, at different fields until school starts. Then flag will practice Tues and Thursday with Saturday morning games. Tackle will practice M, T, Th with a game on Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon.

Basketball starts after football ends. Last year I only had one playing, my youngest son has said he might want to try it this year since he will be old enough for our league. Practice was either 2 or 3 times/week with games on Sat or Sun.

Baseball is our spring sport, this past spring only my youngest played. Practice was 3x/week until games started. Then the schedule consisted of 2 sometimes 3 games per week. Our coach tried to squeeze practice in when he could.

HoosierMom2JB
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Depends on the season Fall, Winter and Spring are games and practices Summer is all camps for Fall sports.

Fall: Football practice Monday-Saturday w/games on Sunday. Soccer Practice Wednesday & Friday w/ games on Sunday. Volleyball Practice Tuesday & Thursday w/ games various weekdays.

Winter: Basketball Practice Monday-Thursday w/games various days. Indoor Soccer 2 practices a week and 1 game a week. Wrestling Practice Monday-Thursday w/meets various days.

Spring: Soccer (Travel) Practice Wednesday & Friday w/ Games on Sundays. Soccer (School) Practice Tuesday & Thursday w/ most games Wednesday & Friday. Track Practice Monday & Wednesday w/ most meets on Tuesday & Thursdays.

Summer: Football Conditioning (Starts July1st-August 2nd) Monday & Wednesday. Football Camp (August 5th-16th) . Soccer Camp (July 8th-August 7th) Monday & Wednesday. Volleyball Camp (August 6th-15th) Tuesday & Thursday.

my2kidsmom9498
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM

It got easier as my kids got older.  We live in town, so they can get themselves to practices.  My kids did tons of sports, both played 3 in high school.  THey also did music, art, scouts, and more... so there is always something.

psuahr
by Member on Jul. 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM
DD has gymnastics 4 days a week. DS has baseball. Now that he is in little league he has more games, so even though he is supposed to practice 4 times a week, they don't practice on game days, so if he has a week with two games and a tournament, he only practices twice. Some weeks he has day camp and some weeks she has day camp or overnight camp. He also has guitar once a week and trumpet once a week. Our summers are typically worse than the school year. What I want to know is whose grand idea is it to have all this stuff except the baseball games during the day?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)