Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

Two More Weekends!!!!----UPDATE

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM
  • 10 Replies
3 moms liked this
And we are done with this All-Star season!!!! Woohoo! I have never been so ready. This entire season has been a nightmare. I'm ready for a new team!!!
-----------------------UPDATE--------------

You wouldn't believe it! They came together as a team, they played ball and they won both games last night!!!! It was just awesome. My boy had 2 triples, 3 doubles and a walk. All of the boys hit, they played well in the field. Mine made an awesome catch for the final out that put us in overtime, and one of the new kids blasted the ball with a home run and an RBI to win the game.

I just pray that we play like this again today. It would be so nice to at least make it to the championship game. Yay!!! It was so cool seeing them come together and playing as a team!
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I felt like that during my son's winter hockey season '12-'13. It was one of his most frustrating seasons, especially since the year before he had the best team and best coach of his youth hockey experience so far. 

I'm having high hopes that this next season is going to be better. The kids that really dragged down the whole team will be in the age group below, so there isn't a change he'll be with them again this winter.

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Our age group is weak, we left over half of our team behind, because of the way we split our age division. They are good, but with the teama combined we rock! They come back next season!!!!! With a few board changes, we won't separate again. We're joining again through the fall as a travel team, there are 4 from our age division and 6 from theirs and 2 from another park. I'm really excited.

Quoting Barabell:

I felt like that during my son's winter hockey season '12-'13. It was one of his most frustrating seasons, especially since the year before he had the best team and best coach of his youth hockey experience so far. 

I'm having high hopes that this next season is going to be better. The kids that really dragged down the whole team will be in the age group below, so there isn't a change he'll be with them again this winter.

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Glad you see the light at the end of teh tunnel!!

Barabell
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like winter and the next year's regular season will be better! I wish all season were great experiences, but I guess the frustrating ones can be good learning experiences too. 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:19 PM

The end of the season is always a little bittersweet for me. Most of the time I am very happy to get a break from schlepping the kids around, even if it's just a short break, lol!

Glad you're almost at the end.

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm always excited for the season to start and always excited for the season to end.

Quoting mumsy2three:

The end of the season is always a little bittersweet for me. Most of the time I am very happy to get a break from schlepping the kids around, even if it's just a short break, lol!

Glad you're almost at the end.

Barabell
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Great update! Congrats to the team!!

HilbillyMamaof3
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
We won! First place! It was so exciting! They looked like a TEAM of ball players! Won 4 out of 5 games. It was like all of the sudden it just clicked. Amazing...

Quoting Barabell:

Great update! Congrats to the team!!

my2kidsmom9498
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Great news!!

brownhoney21
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Quoting my2kidsmom9498:

Glad you see the light at the end of teh tunnel!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN