Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

Stinky Feet - Ughhh

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 18 Replies

I need help….or my nose does J.  My DD dances 5 days a week.  She does not have to wear tights to most of her classes (all except ballet) and her dance shoes STINK!  They smell up the car, her bag and eventually the laundry room after we get home!  I cannot put anything in her dance bag because if I do they end up smelling like her stinky feet.  Any suggestions on what I can put in her shoes to help the smell? 

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

that's a good question.... wish i knew!!

yvonne37
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM

try sprinkling them over night with baking soda... wash them first if you could. then let her put them on the next day just shake the baking soda out.

yvonne37
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM

they also sell deodorant for shoes.. you could spray them with it at night and let them dry

yvonne37
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:52 PM

tell your daughter to wash her feet and put powder on them before wearing the shoes.  she might need those small socks that dont show with the shoes? I dont know what they are called.

yvonne37
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Cut the foot from a pair of pantyhose. Fill the pantyhose with kitty litter, or use equal parts baking soda and litter. Tie the end of the pantyhose closed. Place these homemade scent absorbers in the shoes every night.

I also found this...
yvonne37
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM

you could also place softener sheets in them when not wearing them and let overnight.

SweetLuci
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Sprinkle baking soda inside your shoes at the end of each day. If you have sweaty feet that cause the odor, baking soda will quickly absorb the excess moisture. The soda also works as an odor neutralizer that safely pulls smell out of the shoes. Discard the baking soda the next day and repeat daily as needed. 

Sprinkle salt into shoes when baking soda is not enough. This typically works best for canvas and fabric shoes. Salt can over-dry leather shoes and other delicate surfaces. Sprinkle salt inside the shoes, let sit overnight and discard the salt the next day.

brittany208
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:10 AM

hmm... that sounds like a good idea if you can remember to do it! and already own a cat. we do not. 

Quoting yvonne37:

Cut the foot from a pair of pantyhose. Fill the pantyhose with kitty litter, or use equal parts baking soda and litter. Tie the end of the pantyhose closed. Place these homemade scent absorbers in the shoes every night.

I also found this...

brittany208
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM

i thought about baking soda, but does it get all over the place? and leave baking soda on their feet, shoes? would it cause her to slip when dancing?

Quoting SweetLuci:

Sprinkle baking soda inside your shoes at the end of each day. If you have sweaty feet that cause the odor, baking soda will quickly absorb the excess moisture. The soda also works as an odor neutralizer that safely pulls smell out of the shoes. Discard the baking soda the next day and repeat daily as needed. 

Sprinkle salt into shoes when baking soda is not enough. This typically works best for canvas and fabric shoes. Salt can over-dry leather shoes and other delicate surfaces. Sprinkle salt inside the shoes, let sit overnight and discard the salt the next day.

LindaClement
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Theatres use vodka.

Just spray it on anything that reeks and let it evaporate. It kills bacteria and removes stains without damaging fabrics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN