Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Sports & Activities Kids' Sports & Activities

Soccer season has begun!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:23 PM
  • 2 Replies

My son had his first soccer game last Saturday.  He has games every Saturday for the next five weeks, and two on one Saturday, with an hour and a half between the two games.  One game is at 8 in the morning!  UGH!

I'm very proud of him for wanting to play a sport again.  He hasn't played soccer, or anything else in several years.  He started playing sports at three years old, and played just about everything there is, over the years.  He wanted to stop when he was about 9.  He's 12 now, and really having fun!

It's hard getting both my kids to all their sports right now, and getting all their homework done.  My DS has soccer on Mondays from 6-7, my DD has swim team practice on Wed from 6-7, he has soccer from 7-8.  My DD has horseback riding lessons on Thursdays at 5:30, and swim practice on Fridays from 6-7.  He has games on Saturdays, and she has a riding competition coming up in two weeks, on Sunday.  Yikes!  My husband has been out of the country for three months already, and won't be back for three more months, so I get to do this all by myself!  I don't mind, cuz I want my kids to be active, but it is a  lot of driving around.

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
highlandmum
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks like he is having fun.

I know what you mean about driving around.  My husband works nights and I am the one responsible for getting my three to things each day.  Mine schedule can change week to week because of hockey but this week it is - Monday Dance 6 to 8, Tuesday hockey 6:30 to 8:00, Wednesday Dance 5 to 9 and crossfit 6:30 to 7:30, Thursday hockey 5:30 to 7:00 (I think the times are right), Friday dance 4:45 to 8:00, Saturday dance competition 9 am till 6 pm.  DH is working some of these nights as well so if falls on me.

ScrChk23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Awesome! I played soccer growing up. I am hoping my youngest takes up soccer. My oldest chose hockey.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)