Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ideas for drumming up clientel anyone?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 427 Total Views
It's been really hard rebuilding. The things that made me successful the first time aren't doing so well this time!
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
6GsMommy
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:59 PM

What did you do the first time?

DelaneyD
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 4:15 AM

free haircut with a chemical service 

10 dollars off a haircut for new clients

free eyebrow waxing with a haircut and style

Musicmom80
by Group Owner on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:27 PM
Quoting DelaneyD:

free haircut with a chemical serviceĀ 

10 dollars off a haircut for new clients

free eyebrow waxing with a haircut and style

I have currently offered all these, through craigslist, the salons website, Facebook, and word of mouth. I can't figure out what my deal is. :/ I usually do really well for myself!
xxhazeldovexx
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 12:05 AM

I offered first hair cuts free to friends, and first hair cuts $5.00 for friends of friends.  (just included the cuts and a quick style out, nothing fancy).   But anyways it was a way to bring in new clients to get my name out there.. I started out with one friend, she got in two of her friends, they each got in a few of theirs, and so forth.. I do it out of the house like I said before.. on the side.. but I've been getting about 10 clients a week give or take, and considering I'm not set up for a salon, that's not bad.   After the first cut obviously I charge more, but all the cuts I've done, I've rebooked on.

dullscissors
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 6:43 PM

tell your BEST established clients to billboard for you..and that if/when someone comes in that was referred by that client, give that client a little extra specialness..however you want to, be it in a one-time discount on a color service, or a blowout on a special date-night, etc.

i was lucky, in that my BEST clients were also picky about who they sent to me...they knew me well enough to know what/who i would put up with, or click with.

dullscissors
by on Sep. 19, 2011 at 6:44 PM

^^let me rephrase that suggestion..give the established client a special something, not the new client.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)