Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you guys checked out the new changes?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 188 Total Views

The poll this morning made me wonder about them.  I need to look further into it, but I went to the new "discount and savings" tab under the "redeem" part and saw a bunch of local businesses there.  Not sure how it works but the swagbucks are nice a low.  I'll check it out more and let you know.

How about Amazon cards?  Are they priced lower?  I saw that they said they would be posted faster and monthly limits on some items have been removed.  Are these one of the items?

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Jambo4
by AmberTheSwaginator on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:04 AM

okay... the discounts and savings part is like coupons for money off at local businesses.  For instance, for 50 sbs you can print a $10 off coupon at Sherwin Williams (paint supply place).  The coupons all have different expiration dates (short as 2 weeks) so don't print them until you are going to use them.  

They have all sorts of categories and it depends on your zip codes so I wonder if you could print off coupons for say, Arby's for one zip and use it in your area?  The Arby's coupon they give me isn't so hot.  It's buy one get one Beef and cheddar and it costs 50 sb to get it.

michiganmom116
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM
All of the gift cards but the $5 Amazon card are priced so that 1 SB will give you $.01...example, a $25 gift card (for just about all of them if not all of them) will cost 2500 points. Same with the $50 cards, the $10 cards, etc. Works that way for Paypal, too. I've heard this is only good through the end of the year, though.
Jambo4
by AmberTheSwaginator on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Quoting michiganmom116:

All of the gift cards but the $5 Amazon card are priced so that 1 SB will give you $.01...example, a $25 gift card (for just about all of them if not all of them) will cost 2500 points. Same with the $50 cards, the $10 cards, etc. Works that way for Paypal, too. I've heard this is only good through the end of the year, though.

How strange?  I guess numbers are dropping off so they are trying to encourage people more.  

Does this change yours (or anybodys) habits?

michiganmom116
by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Quoting Jambo4:

Quoting michiganmom116:

How strange?  I guess numbers are dropping off so they are trying to encourage people more.  

Does this change yours (or anybodys) habits?

It's not really changing my habits.  I've got almost enough to pay for my Christmas buying and after that I'll probably get the Paypal rewards until this ends.

newmommy-again
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 12:37 AM
I had multiple coupons for a local chain (don't remember which one) restaurant. Each coupon had a different address/location.

I only have 600 points so I think I'm sticking with amazon for now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)