Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unusual attachments

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2008 at 8:31 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 108 Total Views

Does everyone remember the Peanuts cartoons and Linus dragging his blanket around everywhere?  Well, that is Maggie.  A couple of weeks ago she started to drag the blanket that is in her kennel all over the house. It is hilarious to see her with this thing in her mouth and dragging behind her wherever she goes.  Then she will put it up on the couch, jump up there and go to sleep with her head on it.....I will have to get a picture of it.  She is such a sweet little lady.  I am starting to forget about those first months of chewing, biting, accidents in the house and just plain ole driving me insane....she is turning into quite the elegant lady (except for her unusual attachment to her blankie)

Anyone else have a Golden wth an unusual attachment?

by on Oct. 19, 2008 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jill1121
by Group Admin on Oct. 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM

If my Maggie is going outside with someone, she can not go out without a ball in her mouth!!  She doesn't have to have one if she is going out by herself or with our other golden, Zoey. She does carry it around inside the house quite often..and does have a habit of trying to bring it to me in the bathroom.  Does your Maggie mind if you launder her blanket?  Or is she so possessive of it you can't get it from her?

Boocandy corn

halloban4.jpg Happy Halloween image by JoeysGirl93

Momma_2_Naomi
by Group Admin on Oct. 19, 2008 at 11:05 AM

this is cute:) Bella will do this on occassion with her blankie. She likes to get her blankie and comes to me to play with it. She also likes to bring everything like her bones out of her crate into the living  room so by the end of the day i have to bring it all back...

rcvj711
by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 5:29 PM

i'm now convinced that CJ has " OCD" she has to have her ball which is a very nasty tennis ball in her mouth at all times, then the most traumatic thing happened to her, she couldn't find it one day !!! i thought she was going to go in convulsions. but being the good mommy that i am, we bought her something else, then she chewed it to shreds, stuffing all over the house !! so now i have a lifetime supply of tennis balls !!CJ and the toy that no longer in existence

Jill1121
by Group Admin on Oct. 20, 2008 at 7:06 PM

Maggie and Zoey love their "babies" (stuffed animals) most when they have pulled all the stuffing out of them.  We have a toy basket..a large wicker laundry basket in our living room with their babies and balls in it.  I have learned not to buy white babies for them anymore..they get so ratty and dirty looking.  As for their balls, they love the rubber ones that squeak.  Oh how I get sick of hearing the squeak!  Maggie even sleeps with a ball and on many mornings I wake up with one next to my face where she has left it for me so we can play as soon as I am up. 

Boocandy corn

halloban4.jpg Happy Halloween image by JoeysGirl93

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)