Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My friends Golden attacked a dog

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:37 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 208 Total Views

I thought Goldens weren't supposed to do this?! We were shocked, i was with her at the dog park and this pup comes up(looked part pit bull but so sweet) and i guess Oz(the Golden) didn't like her. He pinned her down she flopped belly up and we could not get him off of her. Luckily he never bit but it sounded vicous and he showed his teeth and everything.

He's a rescue dog and my friend has only had him since August, he's 2. He was abandoned in the foreclosure crisis and was found on the streets with a scar on his mouth so looked like he was attacked once too. He so sweet with kids and a snuggler. And does awesome with my Golden Bella too. He just snaps sometimes with strange dogs it is so weird...

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
heritagebkmaker
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I recently read an article about dogs dropped off on country roads because owners didn't want them anymore...eventually end up in a pack and will, if necessary attack because they need food.  Although, this is not the circumstance with this golden, the point of the article is that no matter what kind of dog, it can resort back to it natural state, so-to-speak.

Maybe it was a dominance thing with the other dog.

Dana
Heritage Makers Certified Founding Consultant
www.yourlifestorybook.com
http://dmuse.qhealthbeauty.com/

tresparaamar
by on Feb. 22, 2009 at 1:41 AM

I have always seen a Golden like the sweetest dogs. I trust them so much i never imagine my Canela attacking a dog. But this dog was probably abused. With rescued dogs you never know what their past was, so sad.

amille
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 10:12 AM

One of my favorite things about goldens is their awesome temperment. I have a 2 year old and 6 month old and we're never had a problem with any of our goldens. They are the ultimate loving family dog but if they sense danger to their owners, some have been know to jump in and protect their families.

One of my male goldens would become very dominate when he smelled a female in heat. That might have been the cause of it too.

Shadow725
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Always remember one thing all dogs bite!!!They might have a good home and give alot of love but just because he or she has not bitten yet does not mean they won't!!!!I read alot and right now I am hooked on JON KATZ's books and he does write about Goldens being breed alot and end up bittingeven the most loving home. I love my Lucky very much and all my Australian Shepherds I had and they never bite but that does NOT mean they won't!!Mary &Lucky

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)