• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love Our Golden Dog of the Month.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:40 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 357 Total Views

I just uploaded my Maggie's picture to be used as the group avatar and thought that we should continue to let everyone have their chance to showcase their golden.  To expand on this I thought it would be fun to do a Golden of the Month.

If you are interested in participating please post a pic of your golden below and write a little about bio(name age etc) so that we can all get to know your golden. Tell us what makes your golden special to you.

Being that I have already uploaded Maggie' s picture I will start here by telling you about her

Maggie is 5 years old.  She is loving, loyal and my CONSTANT companion.  She is so good natured and well behaved she never leaves our yard without me.  She gets excited to see her leash and even though she doesn't need it, she will sit patiently and wait for it to be put on.  She LOVES to play ball and can jump about 5ft off the ground to catch it.  She believes that it is her mission in life to keep the family exercised by playing ball daily. Even in the winter she will dig in the snow to find a snow ball. She loves to retrieve which is good except when we are doing yard work and throw a stray stone or rock across the creek, only to have Maggie bring it right back to us.

She knows what her "cookies" are (dog biscuits) and will sit patiently with one balancing on her nose until we tell her okay, then she flips it into the air and catches it in her mouth.

All the tricks she does isn't what makes her special to me, it is how much she loves me, unconditionally.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lisar315
by Group Owner on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:19 PM

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA.  HERE'S A PICTURE OF COMENT.  HE IS ABOUT 3 1/2 YEARS OLD.  WE GOT HIM THROUGH THE LOCAL GOLDEN RETRIEVER GROUP.  HE IS MY SON'S DOG AND KNOWS IT.  HE LISTENS VERY WELL AND KNOWS WHEN HE HAS DONE WRONG.  HE LOVES TO PLAY BALL AND RUN AROUND THE BACKYARD.  ALSO VERY PROTECTIVE OF MY SON. THE FIRST PICTURE WAS TAKEN SHORTLY AFTER WE GOT HIM.  I DON'T LET HIM USE THE TOOLS VERY OFTEN.  THE SECOND ONE IS A MORE RECENT ONE.

untitled
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Wivesoflawenforcement
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Dixies_Mamas

tnterri
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 7:14 AM

This is our girl Annabelle! She is my hubby's big baby. She is 9 years old and the sweetest mos loving girl...she will do anything for her family and hates to be alone...loves to ride in the car..she will carry just about anything around in her mouth if you'd let her and always seems to find the remotes for the tv's....but if you have something to trade she will give it right up..I guess what I am saying here is that WE LOVE OUR ANNABELLE!!!

This is a picture of her and her Daddy napping!

FXmomTo3
by on Apr. 18, 2009 at 7:00 PM

This is Halo....She is not quite a year old yet, but she has made quite an impact on all our lives....My children all have Autism, but my son, Phillip, is the most severe and has extreme anxiety...he is nonverbal and uses sign language and gestures to communicate for the most part....when he is at his most anxious he has learned that the dog can soothe him if he asks the dog to lick the palms of his hands....but when Phillip is beyond the ability to ask for this help, the dog senses it and comes to him...she licks his hands and if that is not enough, she lays on top of him, full body...he craves deep pressure...this is not something Halo has been taught...this is their connection....

and while she is not a service dog, she assists Phillip in learning to be in a shopping situation...but because she is not yet a legal service dog, the only stores we shop in are pet stores, lol

And during the day when Phillip is in school or his intensive therapy, she is my partner, hiking in the woods, lol

lisar315
by Group Owner on Apr. 19, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Quoting FXmomTo3:

This is Halo....She is not quite a year old yet, but she has made quite an impact on all our lives....My children all have Autism, but my son, Phillip, is the most severe and has extreme anxiety...he is nonverbal and uses sign language and gestures to communicate for the most part....when he is at his most anxious he has learned that the dog can soothe him if he asks the dog to lick the palms of his hands....but when Phillip is beyond the ability to ask for this help, the dog senses it and comes to him...she licks his hands and if that is not enough, she lays on top of him, full body...he craves deep pressure...this is not something Halo has been taught...this is their connection....

and while she is not a service dog, she assists Phillip in learning to be in a shopping situation...but because she is not yet a legal service dog, the only stores we shop in are pet stores, lol

And during the day when Phillip is in school or his intensive therapy, she is my partner, hiking in the woods, lol

pretty puppy and wonderful for your kids especially your son.

untitledSouther...
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Wivesoflawenforcement
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Dixies_Mamas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)