Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Favorite Sites

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:16 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 476 Total Views

I mentioned some websites and what it's like to write for them, but realized I didn't share my experience and the sites I prefer. I hope this group can be a place to share your writing experiences because I feel like we can all learn something from each other. I usually write at least a few articles a month for Bright Hub. They recently raised their pay rate from $10 per article to $15 per article, which I love! I write for a lot of channels and enjoy the opportunities there.

I have said always my favorite site to write for is Examiner. I love the freedom of being an Examiner for my favorite topics. I upkeep 5 titles there, well, okay I need to do better sometimes-- it's hard to keep up! (: I am hoping the new pay rate will work in my favor since I have hundreds of articles on Examiner.com.

Susan in this group does a lot of her writing for Odesk and with her help, I've gotten started there, too. They have a large pool of writing opportunities to apply to and I'm excited for the new opportunities there. I have also written a lot for Demand Media Studios, but not as much lately. I like that they, too, pay $15 per article, it's just the titles I am interested in are hard to find and the editors are pretty strict. Other than that I have written for other websites on occasion and enjoy finding new opportunities. A few months ago I became the Treasurer/secretary for our condo complex so that has been keeping me very busy, too!

What are your favorite sites and why?

by on Jul. 16, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
artsygirl2010
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 11:03 AM

i just started getting the hang of examiner recently. they paid me this morning alil over 100 bucks! i know that is not much, but i was exstatic lol..

i also write for associated content. i use to write for text broker.  and i am definitely going to try out bright hub.

ConnersMom03
by Group Owner on Sep. 8, 2011 at 11:34 PM

That's great!

dfollin
by Member on Sep. 18, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I have been writing on myLot for over 5 years.It is not much money,but it's fun.I have made friends there.And I like that we can pick the topics for our discussions.I started about a month ago on Triond.It is full articles and not discussions which is good,but they do not pay much.

I am at the point where I need to find a way to earn more money.

ConnersMom03
by Group Owner on Sep. 19, 2011 at 12:55 AM

You might try Bright Hub. Their articles take a bit of time to research and write, but the pay is $15 per article. I have also started writing for Merchant Circle and enjoy it so far. The starting level articles pay $4 and topics vary.

kimca
by New Member on Sep. 22, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Hi there!

A few days ago I applied to be an Examiner for SLC...I was sent an email saying that I have been accepted and I just need to send in my profile and picture.  Before I did that, I responded with a question I had but I have yet receive an answer.  I am getting slightly worried because of the 3 day deadline to submit my profile and picture.  I sent a follow up email but still nothing.  Do you happen to know if they will decline you if you miss the 3-day mark?  

Thanks for any input,

Kim 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN