Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello from Ohio

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:10 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 218 Total Views

Hello:

My husband and I are an interracial couple. We have blended our families who have now grown and flew the nest. Over the past seven yrs we have adopted seven children. All with one form of special needs or another. We would love to adopt once more before ending our journey.

I look forward to being part of this group.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
dannysmom18
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:17 AM

Welcome to our group...My name is Nancy and i am an admin here..I think adopting children is awesome..My son is adopted as well..But to adopt children with special needs makes you and your husband very cool..It takes a very special couple to take that on..I give you and your hubs a ton of props

Quoting shstrong44:

Hello:

My husband and I are an interracial couple. We have blended our families who have now grown and flew the nest. Over the past seven yrs we have adopted seven children. All with one form of special needs or another. We would love to adopt once more before ending our journey.

I look forward to being part of this group.

aschwarz06
by Midwest Princess on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:32 AM

wow 7 kids! plus your own.  your a strong woman my 3 are hard enough i work in a daycare and cant imagine having to take all them home with me!! welcome to the group i am sure you will have lots of great advice for all of us!

shstrong44
by New Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Here is what we deal with on a daily basis....

drug exposure and addicted, premature births (1.5 oz) failure to thrive, chronic lung disease, asthma, allergies, heart defects, ADHD, oppositional defiance disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, tourettes, cognitive delays, retinopathy, sleep apnea, night terrors and mild cp.

Maybe it is like the old saying, "can't see the forest for the trees?"  Well it doesn't seem so much until I see it in writing. Maybe because we live it daily.  :)

Have a nice day ladies.

cnm5381no2
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Welcome to our group and props to you for adopting special needs children!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)