Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diagnosis

Posted by on May. 18, 2011 at 7:14 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 280 Total Views

I am beginning to wonder if my son has been diagnosed correctly.  He has been diagnosed ADHD with bipolar.  But the more I read on Autism Spectrum he seems to fit the high functioning end of that spectrum more.  He has rages and they used to last hours at a time.  I remember when he was about 7, we were on vacation and he had a rage or a fit, I had to take him back to the hotel I was 6 months pregnant and he would stop so I locked him in his seatbelt and I had to turn the music up to drown him out and all I could think is this baby in me is gonna think we are totally crazy.  Rages, loud music, etc.  It has gotten better as he has gotten older he is now 11.  But I would like to have him rediagnosed so I am thinking about this.

by on May. 18, 2011 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
dannysmom18
by on May. 18, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Cryssy I always frimly believe that no one knows thier child better then thier Mom..I think you should go with your gut..

Janet
by New Member on May. 18, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Always go with your mother instincts. You know your son more than any doctor. I'm sure you did your research.

jkountry
by New Member on Jul. 4, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Definitely go for it.  Many kids with autism have ADHD too and depression issues.  The more you know about his diagnosis, the more you can understand him and help him.  Do what you have to do.  A develpmental pediatrician and/or a neurologist can diagnose him.  I have been trying to get my child diagnosed properly for 3 years.  One says he has quirks and the other says he has autism.  I know how frustrating it is!!

jkountrywoohoo

aschwarz06
by Midwest Princess on Jul. 6, 2011 at 2:43 PM
I agree with everyone else so I quote all of them!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)