Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

little girl beauty pageants...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:25 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 487 Total Views

i'm on the fence on this on one side i understand that every little girl should feel beautiful, but on the other i feel like beauty pageants over sex up little girls... like one time i was watching a show about one (dont remember show name) but the mom was telling her 4 year old to shake her ass more.  I swear i about had a heart attack! i think dress up at home is fine but to make a 6 year old get a tan, fake nails, make up and slap her in an outfit that makes her look like a 20 year old midget to me is wrong. what happened to the days of little girls wanting to play barbies and dress up ( the simple kind)  it really freaks me out to think that people can just do this to their kids...

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
busymommy23
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:53 AM

hmmm JonBenet Ramsey ring a bell?

I think that the moms compete more than the children.......disgusting really

Homeschoolmom99
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:55 AM

I felt that the who pagent thing should have been outlawed after JonBenet and I still think her mom killed her for wetting the bed

Quoting busymommy23:

hmmm JonBenet Ramsey ring a bell?

I think that the moms compete more than the children.......disgusting really

jasonsgirl7988
by Group Owner on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:01 AM

i agree i mean if you wanna play dress up at home thats fine but i think these lil girls are being pushed to live out their mothers dreams and to be honest there a child molesters dream... it sounds terrible but its like these moms are trying to get there kids hurt to me....

Homeschoolmom99
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:16 AM

My ex asked my dd if she wanted to be in one and she said I would rather be dipped in hot oil!

Quoting jasonsgirl7988:

i agree i mean if you wanna play dress up at home thats fine but i think these lil girls are being pushed to live out their mothers dreams and to be honest there a child molesters dream... it sounds terrible but its like these moms are trying to get there kids hurt to me....

jasonsgirl7988
by Group Owner on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

My ex asked my dd if she wanted to be in one and she said I would rather be dipped in hot oil!

Quoting jasonsgirl7988:

lol thats funny i bet all those kids think that deep down too its truly a pretty sad deal
lol i bet all those

Homeschoolmom99
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:24 AM

I saw some guy on one of those yelling at his kid yeah great parenting

Quoting jasonsgirl7988:

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

Quoting jasonsgirl7988:

lol thats funny i bet all those kids think that deep down too its truly a pretty sad deal
lol i bet all those

babygirl1980_07
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:30 AM

My niece did pageants until we saw a mom sticking extensions in her 1 year olds hair and another mom telling us that she had her daughters teeth pulled because they grew in crooked. After that she never went back. Parents turn into monsters at those things, more than the kids.

jasonsgirl7988
by Group Owner on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:43 AM

yeah its really sad...

mran23
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:05 AM

my opinion is this.. pagents are fine if not taken seriously like a county fair were you buy a new dress and maybe go out and make a day of getting hair done then maybe and i mean maybe putting on a little make up the kind that u cant notice but makes them feel pretty..the kind that ramsey was in hell no that is way to much for a girl  and i feel that it could give them a complex or make them grow up way to fast

NikLvsNick
by Member on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Now I'm fine with the ones that have the kiddos show their natural beauty and are just for fun (I've heard of those somewhere) but the ones that make the little girls look all dolled up with extensions, fake teeth, false eyelashes etc...are just WAY overboard. And the way that the parents act is just so much worse. And some of those kids don't even want to do it. I think it's sad when they get forced into something they don't want to do because the parent is trying to live through the child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)