Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are your kids favorite lunches?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

A recent favorite here at our house is muffin tins.

Bite sized foods. Fancy toothpicks. Variety. Colors, textures. Sweet, salty. Crunch, smooth. It's fun and they love it!

Here is one I fixed my DS4 (for breakfast actually) crasins, granola, homeade yogurt w/ sprinkles, apples, grapes and trail mix.

Be sure to check out the mufin tin mom for inspiration, ideas and to link up! http://michellesjournalcorner.blogspot.com/search/label/Muffin%20Tin%20Monday

What are your kids' favorites?

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommaChell
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 2:53 PM

That looks delightful, I'm sure my kids would love it. I believe mine would eat PBJ with raisins for every meal if I let them.

MrsM121
by on Apr. 15, 2011 at 3:37 PM

My kids are hooked on PB&J sandwiches or Ramen noodles.  They will sometimes eat leftovers depending on what is in the fridge.

MommaChell
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 12:37 PM

This is a typical lunch meal for us on any given day:

This is a weekend favorite, flax meal pancakes :) Yes, we love our breakfast foods at lunch time or anytime(!!):

We have this at every meal:

~: Momma Chell :~

SimplySonita
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 7:45 AM

That looks like a meal my kids would eat smile mini

My kids also love PB&J. For a while all the 4 year old would eat was a cheese/mayo sandwich for lunch every day! He'd eat a varitey of foods for breakfast and dinner but lunch HAD to be a cheese and myao sandwich or he just wouldn't eat lunch! LOL

Kids are funny! april fools

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

MommaChell
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 8:26 AM

Agreed!

We do a majority of fresh fruits, veggies and try and keep things as minimally processed as possible. My kids love to piece there meals together themselves, so I usually cut & prep everything and give it to them to put together how they like. All inspired by how they seem to disect everything anyway- no sandwich stays together in our house. They enjoy experimenting with it all and trying new combinations (sometimes very interesting ones!) that they end up asking me for later on. It's fun.

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:31 AM

My second son is lunch meat. My oldest daughter is noodles. My oldest son anything dealing with hotdogs. My youngest daughter pasta.

BramblePatch
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM
A typical lunch here has 4 parts

Main dish (quesadilla, english muffin pizza, pasta, homemade chicken nuggets, turkey dog, etc)

Fruit (whatever we have fresh or if no fresh, apple sauce, or fruit cup in light syrup)

Veggie (bell pepper sticks, carrots, celery, etc...)

Side (tortilla chips, bunny crackers, pretzels, granola, etc)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM

We get Ramen, too, but add about two cups of frozen mixed veggies of some kind.   Sometimes I throw in the tradition corn, limas, carrots, beans...   or sometimes it's the california mix...  sometimes it's a stir fry blend....   they will eat ANY veggie if its in soup.   If we have it, I'll chop up some fresh spinach, too.    It's easy, cheap, and they get a good dose of veggies.   Boiled eggs or a half a tuna fish sandwich sometimes accompany it.

They love deviled eggs, too.   We will often do deviled eggs and a fruit plate or salad.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Well today it's salmon salad sandwiches (with homemade yogurt instead of mayo) on fresh homemade seed bread, carrot shreds, an apple and a glass of milk.  They love salmon since we almost never get it:)

Lately it's been chilly and rainy, so we've been doing a lot of soups.  Although last week we were at the beach, so today feels really cold!!!  They love my homemade tomato soup, veggie soup, turkey noodle soup and crazy enough vegetarian split pea soup!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN