Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you go to homeschooling conventions?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 11:02 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you attend homeschooling conventions?

I never have and have no plans to this year (money reasons) but I would love to go and hear some of the speakers! Though hopefully I will have the money to meet some ladies I'm friends with online for lunch who are attending the GHEA convention this year. group hug

Do you go? Why or Why not?

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsM121
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 2:06 PM

I haven't gone to any and don't have the money for it.  Can't say I've ever been interested though.

MommaChell
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM

I've been interested in attending one since we began homeschooling. I have plans to attend one for sure. Since I haven't looked into it yet I don't know what's available, when, and the cost associated....again with my list, it's on there, lol.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Dec. 23, 2011 at 10:28 AM

im just starting out...maybe one day if we can afford it...we'll go

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 23, 2011 at 11:05 AM

I would maybe go if there was one here instead of me having to travel to a strange city &  staying there!

oredeb
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:06 PM

i went to one back in 1983 (Gregg harris one), never went to another one that i can remember!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 23, 2011 at 12:16 PM

No, I've never been. Maybe I'll go some year to see what this is all about.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 23, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Nope. I'm super cheap - I only spend about $400/year to HS 2 kids, convensions are way too expensive IMO

hottmommi42
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 2:28 PM
I am going. Because of the community we live in, its like $10 to go. And its not till April, so I am thinking I can scrape together $10 by then. They also offer big discounts on curriculum (if you use it) at this one, so its a really smart move for me to go. But, I have 4 months to get it together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hottmommi42
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 2:38 PM
I am going. Because of the community we live in, its like $10 to go. And its not till April, so I am thinking I can scrape together $10 by then. They also offer big discounts on curriculum (if you use it) at this one, so its a really smart move for me to go. But, I have 4 months to get it together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on Dec. 23, 2011 at 5:26 PM

some of the conventions are great! you learn a lot and and very encouraging, and best of all theres used curr for sale!! oh yes and you get to look at all the latest stuff!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN