Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you go to homeschooling conventions?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you attend homeschooling conventions?

I never have and have no plans to this year (money reasons) but I would love to go and hear some of the speakers! Though hopefully I will have the money to meet some ladies I'm friends with online for lunch who are attending the GHEA convention this year. group hug

Do you go? Why or Why not?

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 11:02 AM
Replies (11-16):
Gumberly
by on Dec. 24, 2011 at 1:09 PM
I have been two years in a row. Went to my first one right after I started homeschooling. It's close enough to where we live that it isn't to expensive and it is very encouraging. Plus the use curriculum sale saved me a couple hundred this year at least.
I haven't found a homeschooling group or people so the only interaction with homeschooling people I get is the convention so for me it is very worth it. Plus I am totally addicted to curriculum so even if I don't buy any there is something about a room full of shiney new curriculum AHHHH :-)
CoffeeMamaOf5
by on Dec. 24, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Used to at the the beginning of our journey, now after years under our belt, we don't.....

oredeb
by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 11:30 AM

yes dont ya just love lookin through it!!!hahahah

Quoting Gumberly:

I have been two years in a row. Went to my first one right after I started homeschooling. It's close enough to where we live that it isn't to expensive and it is very encouraging. Plus the use curriculum sale saved me a couple hundred this year at least.
I haven't found a homeschooling group or people so the only interaction with homeschooling people I get is the convention so for me it is very worth it. Plus I am totally addicted to curriculum so even if I don't buy any there is something about a room full of shiney new curriculum AHHHH :-)

YaHuWaHismyall
by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 5:28 PM
I would love to go to one but I've never had the opportunity.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackeyeliner
by on Dec. 26, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I have never been. I get everything I need at great prices and tend to be shy. I might be going to the Hartford convertion this year though since we are expanding our curriculum more and more and need things for our son who has special needs. 

letstalk747
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 11:47 PM

i havent but want to

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN