Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Socialization

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 2:13 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

peeking  duh duh duuuhhhhh

How many times do you have to explain that your children really are able to deal with other people and aren't shelted in a cave hideout somewhere since you homeschool?

by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SimplySonita
by on Apr. 16, 2011 at 3:23 PM

If they meet my kids, never.

Online or without the kids with me-often.

I swear you'd think PS had always existed!

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

MommaChell
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Lol, well, not much at this age, but I'm sure it's in our future somewhere down the line; I think our kids behaviors will speak for themselves- they are just awesome little people :)

LivinDeadGurl
Starting a new job next month! So excited!
Wednesday at 11:56 PM
by on Apr. 22, 2011 at 5:51 PM

Honestly, I rarely hear anything about that from anyone other than people online.

MrsM121
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I find more negativity online too.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

Honestly, I rarely hear anything about that from anyone other than people online.

MrsM121
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Quoting SimplySonita:

If they meet my kids, never.

Online or without the kids with me-often.

I swear you'd think PS had always existed!

Exactly, school wasn't always confined to a classroom.

MrsM121
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Quoting MommaChell:

Lol, well, not much at this age, but I'm sure it's in our future somewhere down the line; I think our kids behaviors will speak for themselves- they are just awesome little people :)

I had this proven several times yesterday when I was at a friends house.  I got so many compliments on how well behaved my kids were.  After a while it started to feel odd getting so many compliments to the point I was almost hoping someone would start acting up LOL.

MommaChell
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Quoting MrsM121:

Quoting MommaChell:

I had this proven several times yesterday when I was at a friends house.  I got so many compliments on how well behaved my kids were.  After a while it started to feel odd getting so many compliments to the point I was almost hoping someone would start acting up LOL.

laughingYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!! I love receiving compliments on my kids, it's such an encouragement and confirmation to me that we're doing well. Good for you and yours!

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 7:43 PM

We aren't home schooling yet but I'm trying to convience DH that it's the right thing to do especially for our special needs child. I said there are playgrounds and people LIKE us here in Ohio that decide to home school and we can meet with their kids as well. It's not like they are not going to be able to see other people. That's not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to give them the education they deserve.

MommaChell
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Quoting Ohio.SAHMof2:

We aren't home schooling yet but I'm trying to convience DH that it's the right thing to do especially for our special needs child. I said there are playgrounds and people LIKE us here in Ohio that decide to home school and we can meet with their kids as well. It's not like they are not going to be able to see other people. That's not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to give them the education they deserve.

Their are great opportunities for homeschool children to socialize; I'm confident that you'll be able to connect with some of the moms on here that can help you get started in the right direction with appropriate networks that may be available in your area. I suggest home-school coops. You can google 'how to find a home school coop' for many helpful links, as well as searching your area specifically depending on where you reside.

Perhaps this could help get you started:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2280958_right-homeschool-coop.html

Their are various books and info on starting your own. However you decide to continue, I pray the best for you! Homeschooling has been a tremendous blessing to our family.

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Thank you so much! I appreciate the help. You are AMAZING! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)