Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Organization

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 1:04 PM
  • 7 Replies

Do you have a favorite method?  Unfortunately for me mine is all over the board!

by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SimplySonita
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 8:04 PM

What is organization?!?!?!?!? confused

HAHA

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

MommaChell
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 8:13 AM

Quoting SimplySonita:

What is organization?!?!?!?!? confused

HAHA

Hahah :D

We do have a method to our madness, but it's just what works for us; nothing I'm inclined to label. I love being able to piece together my children's learning materials/tools from wherever or whatever I think will benefit them most, presenting it to them in ways unique to each activity. If anything, I believe eclectic would define our method; there's good things to appreciate about so many of the various methods. 

~: Momma Chell :~

cedailey
by on May. 19, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I use the online program Homeschool SkedTrack to keep everything straight as far as lessons and records, and a bookcase for physical materials.

LindaClement
by on May. 20, 2011 at 12:59 PM

I like the 'keep it where it's going to be used' method of organization... 

We spent a lot of effort keeping track of the library materials (the dvds get really expensive, really quickly when they're overdue), and being on time for the scheduled/paid for stuff... and otherwise, we did whatever we felt like doing, for as long as we felt like it. Rarely interspersed with attempts at organizing the playroom...

oredeb
by on May. 20, 2011 at 1:17 PM

do you mean in homeschooling? if so i make out a lesson plan every week so i know what im teaching the kids and if im doing something else they  can look at it and continue.

we keep all our books in book cases, our school papers in notebooks, our personal school stuff(pencils erasers crayons etc) in containers for each of us and thats put on a shelf. and any art work on the walls!

or do you mean in the house? haha well if so everything has its place!hahah

debbie

valeryarbelo
by on May. 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM

My library stuff was severely overdue. I turned them in, I got a bill for $118!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting LindaClement:

I like the 'keep it where it's going to be used' method of organization... 

We spent a lot of effort keeping track of the library materials (the dvds get really expensive, really quickly when they're overdue), and being on time for the scheduled/paid for stuff... and otherwise, we did whatever we felt like doing, for as long as we felt like it. Rarely interspersed with attempts at organizing the playroom...

oredeb
by on May. 20, 2011 at 3:17 PM

wow! i think of library overdue fees as donations to the library!

did you have to pay the 118? thats the most ive ever heard of!

Quoting valeryarbelo:

My library stuff was severely overdue. I turned them in, I got a bill for $118!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)