Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

The example of love; how affectionate are you?

Posted by   + Show Post

How affectionate is your family? Do you and your significant do things, like, kissing passionately in front of the kids...or do you take a more conservative approach? How about kissing and hugging your children? How often do you say I love you to each other?

How do you think your expressions are impacting your children's understanding of love?

~: Momma Chell :~

by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 9:03 AM
Replies (11-15):
ArkinsMomma
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Hi. My son is growing up to be loving because he's surrounded by happy and affectionate people. He never fail to give out hugs and kisses. He's turning 2 this month and knows how to say "i love you" :)

firehorse13
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:56 AM

My husband and I keep it PG in front of the kids.  I'd say on average our kids get 5 hugs each a day from both mommy and daddy, and we tell them constantly that we love them.  We usually only give kisses to make ouchies better, or to say goodbye when we're leaving.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I hope so!  My parents were always affectionate, and even though it was embarassing as a kid (and teen), I am so glad that they taught me that parents should love each other and their children and be able to show that.  I want my children to know the same!

alf2651
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM

We're very affectionate toward each other.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM
How affectionate is your family? Very
Do you and your significant do things, like, kissing passionately in front of the kids? Yes, we gross our daughter out. lol
How about kissing and hugging your children? Everyday
How often do you say I love you to each other? All the time

How do you think your expressions are impacting your children's understanding of love? Yes and hopefully in a positive way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)