Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Cooking, single night or bulk cooking

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 2:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

Which do you prefer?  Cooking each night or cooking a lot at once and then eating over a period of days.  I usually do bulk cooking here.

by on Apr. 19, 2011 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SimplySonita
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 9:20 AM

If I had a freezer I'd so do bulk cooking or once a month cooking but seeing as how I don't....I cook nightly. ON occasion I'll cook a double batch of somehting (usually spaghetti sauce or chili, etc) and freeze half for later. But mostly I cook dialy.

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

MrsM121
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 1:14 PM

We bought a stand alone freezer years ago.  It's been a lifesaver.  I don't know what I would do without it.  If certain men in my life would stop yacking in my ear (we have a cruddy phone and I'm stuck in my bedroom while I'm on it) I'd probably be a bit more motivated to fill them with food.

MommaChell
by on Apr. 20, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Bulk cooking for the win; I enjoy having pre-made stuff on hand. However, I am prone to whipping up things on the spur of a craving or if something sounds good. If I'm in the mood and not predisposed I don't mind cooking at all, and usually find it fun or relaxing.

JayDee38
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I'm not much of a bulk cooker, there are a few things that I keep frozen for when I really need the help. Overall I do standard grocery shopping every week/2 weeks and if I'm feeling inspired to do a certain dish one night I'll go out and get what I need. I'm pretty lucky that my kids can come out with me, and if it's something easy I can send DH out!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN