Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What type of crafts do your children do?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:06 PM
  • 22 Replies

My kids honestly don't do crafting.  They are just not into it.  I've bought tons of things over the years but they end up going into the trash before it's all said and done or being used for something completely different.

by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LivinDeadGurl
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:19 PM

My daughter is the only crafty one. She does most of her stuff on her own though. She loves to take old clothes that we can't donate and cut them up to make Barbie clothes. She is pretty good at it. 

MrsM121
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

My daughter is the only crafty one. She does most of her stuff on her own though. She loves to take old clothes that we can't donate and cut them up to make Barbie clothes. She is pretty good at it. 

My daughter has never owned a Barbie, never wanted one either.  She is a tomboy at heart!  She'd rather dig with a shovel in the dirt than play with dolls.  One year for Christmas we didn't have any money and she took some fabric and make her father and I a small pillow that now has a permanent place on my bed <3.

MrsM121
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Oh I don't know if it would qualify as a craft BUT the flower that is the background on my home page was done by my daughter, she likes to play around on the computer doing things like that.

SimplySonita
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Quoting MrsM121:

Oh I don't know if it would qualify as a craft BUT the flower that is the background on my home page was done by my daughter, she likes to play around on the computer doing things like that.

Def counts as art!

My kids love ANYTHING crafty (aka messy! LOL) paint, coloring, making, constructing, whatever-they don't care-but I'm the same way so it's cool.

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

MommaChell
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Quoting MrsM121:

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

My daughter has never owned a Barbie, never wanted one either.  She is a tomboy at heart!  She'd rather dig with a shovel in the dirt than play with dolls.  One year for Christmas we didn't have any money and she took some fabric and make her father and I a small pillow that now has a permanent place on my bed <3.

She chose sewing over her ditch digging just for you!! That's really neat that she'd do that, so sweet.

MommaChell
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Quoting MrsM121:

All creativity and skill qualify in my opinion; computer graphics ftw!

MommaChell
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Quoting SimplySonita:

Quoting MrsM121:

Def counts as art!

My kids love ANYTHING crafty (aka messy! LOL) paint, coloring, making, constructing, whatever-they don't care-but I'm the same way so it's cool.

Same here Sonita, my kids ask to do crafts. I haven't found one yet that they haven't enjoyed :)

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 7:44 PM

We haven't started yet but I'm getting a craft box ready can't wait to let him play with it. My 2 year old loves coloring and things like that but I am going to get some glitter pens and so on and things we can do together. I do not know how much he'd understand right now but it's worth a try!

mommygirls2
by on Apr. 26, 2011 at 11:15 PM

My girls are very into crafts.  I try to have something planned everyday but they also create their own.  I have a big bag and a couple boxes that is full of "Junk" I save a lot of things because they will make a craft out of it. lol I wouldn't worry about your kids not being into crafts.  All kids are different and into different things.

fallenangel_353
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM

We lapbook a bunch of lessons in really creative fun ways. We do hand prints, a few neat lab experiments, and fun crafts for each holiday :) That is pretty much the extent of our crafting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)