Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What type of crafts do your children do?

Posted by   + Show Post

My kids honestly don't do crafting.  They are just not into it.  I've bought tons of things over the years but they end up going into the trash before it's all said and done or being used for something completely different.

by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:06 PM
Replies (21-22):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Yes, they love crafts.   We used to do more hands-on crafts, but now they are in so many activities it's hard to get most of our stuff done.  

So far we have done the Draw Write Now lessons and made pictures for the wall each time.   We have painted pumpkins, made cupcake wrapper flowers, made some of our own "paper dolls" and made clothes for them out of crepe paper.   We have designed a couple maps this year of the US and Canada.  I consider them arts and crafts, too.   They have made posters of their English work (helping verbs, verb tenses, and developing paragraphs)... We have designed a paper "cell" and will be making a jello and candy version of an animal cell tomorrow.   We have made a diaroma, made pipe cleaner animals while watching documentaries, made clay animals while watching them too...

My oldest is in sewing class on Thursdays and they all get to make crafts at church 1-3 times a week.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Making cards, craft kits, science kit type stuff.  We always do the free Lowe's build and learn workshops, they're FREE!  We just collected a bunch of sea shells this weekend and will make something with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)