Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What motivates you to clean?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 4:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

So, I read a blog post today and the writer asked what motivated us to clean-almost every single answer was comapny or unexpected guest or MIL dropping in unexpectedly, etc. But almost every answer had to do with have comapny see a messy house.

So it got me to wondering, what motivates everyone? Is it that someone else might see your mess? Or do you clean for youa nd your family?

What motivates you to clean?

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MrsM121
by on Apr. 25, 2011 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

clutter drives me batty

odd smells enrage me

company scares me silly

mommiemomma
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2011 at 11:54 AM
I need some motivation to clean...lol....maybe i should invite somebody over. I love to cook and love homeschooling but I wish I could get myself more motivated to clean. That being said my house is usually not that bad, lol
Andrea_D710
by on Apr. 26, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Well I have to agree with what seems to be the popular answer, company. I'm an easliy distracted, wait-till-the-last-possible-minute kinda girl. Even when I do wake up in one of those ready to take over the world kinda moods, i do tend to get sidetracked before everything gets done. but when I get a call from a friend that wants to stop by, or company visiting for the weekend I can keep myself on task and move mountains (of laundry) even if it's just to that pile in my room... haha.

I had gotten myself into a good routine where I was keeping my house more tidied up on a regular basis than normal (like actually washing the windows more than once a year stuff) but then my MIL had to move in and well, things are more in coasting right now.

MommaChell
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 12:38 AM

I'm also motivated by company, but clutter and detectable dirtiness drive me bonkers. MrsM stated it well on my behalf:

Quoting MrsM121:

clutter drives me batty

odd smells enrage me

company scares me silly

I never know who might drop by, so I stay up on it fairly well.....except when I don't!

krysxo
by on May. 15, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Husband coming home motivates me lol. I have to motivate myself everyday. Because 1 day of not doing some laundry or the basics makes me feel overwhelmed the following day.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Definitely having people over. A few neighbors I don't mind as long as the house isn't totally trashed, but people who don't come over often - I need a week notice so it's all tip top and shiny lol. I've recently created a cleaning schedule for the family where a lot of our "chores" rotate so we're not all getting bored doing the same things (the kids are usually the ones with a rotating schedule...I'm still stuck doing most of the dirty/boring work). That has helped a lot on keeping the small every day messes cleaned up, but I still want a weeks notice before people come by lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN