Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What are your kids nicknames/petnames?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 1:06 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have a slew I use at random and a few special ones for each of my children; some silly and some endearing. 

I call my Nathan, Nathonian or Short-Pockets and sometimes still call him by his nurse-name Mr. Moo which has graduated with him to Mr. Man. My Allie hears Allie-finale, stinker (from her Daddy), & Shortcake on the regular. My youngest, Isaiah, I currently have A LOT of pet names and nurse-names for, some I'd have to think how to spell, hahah ; Zaza, Za-mo, Bitsey....the list goes on. My husband and I are fond of petnames. 

by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Gumberly
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 1:59 AM
J.T., is budda (he was 10 lbs 9 oz at birth and 3 weeks early), bubba, or squekie(the last one is from my brother).
Blake is blakie, doodle, dude, or hot rod( again from my brother$
Audrey is Bella (her middle name is bell) or princess p. I know she has more but they escape me at the moment...
MrsM121
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 7:31 AM

Our nicknames are just variations of their names really outside of sweety and hunny and 'Hey You'.

Sabastian is Bastian or Bast

Michael is Mike

Briana is Bri, Bri Bri or BB she's daddy's Princess.

Patrick is Pat or Pat Pat but he's daddy's Monster.

I'm sure there are others but like Gumberly I can't remember them right now.

SimplySonita
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 12:02 PM

BEsides the generic 'baby', 'honey', 'darling', 'doll' that, as a southern woman I call every person on the planet??? LOL

My oldest is knot-head. He had a 'knot' on his head-a hematoma, from the birth-scary stuff-but now that he's fine....an endearing nickname.

His name is Ephram. Pronounce 'F-rum'. My FIL calls him E-fram or E-from-Commerce (the city we live in). At Cub scouts the leaders couldnt' remember his name so the called him Big E (as he's been off the growth charts for height and weight since he was 2 years old) it fits. He's often called E-man.

My dad calles Malachi by his middle name, which is Sebastianbig smile minior he'll call his Bastian. He won't let me call him Chi. But I do sometimes just to get a rise out of him LOL He's 4-he's very adamant that his name is Malachi, just Malachi and he is to be called Malachi! LOL (Though his big brother does call him by his full name when he's getting on to him in a very big brotherish way and he never backtalks big brother when big brother uses his full name! LOL)

The are often, lovingly, called dork, punk, geek, weirdo, freak, dorkfish, etc 

Quoting MrsM121:

Our nicknames are just variations of their names really outside of sweety and hunny and 'Hey You'.

Sabastian is Bastian or Bast

Michael is Mike

Briana is Bri, Bri Bri or BB she's daddy's Princess.

Patrick is Pat or Pat Pat but he's daddy's Monster.

I'm sure there are others but like Gumberly I can't remember them right now.

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

buzymom93
by on Apr. 28, 2011 at 11:12 AM

my oldest son, Mario, is often Momo.. his little brother calls him bub.. my youngest is Isaiah but he has lots of pet names.. zaza, paya, pookie pie... and mostly bubba... we also playfully use silly goose, dork, and sometimes goober.. lol

MommaChell
by on Apr. 28, 2011 at 10:26 PM

What wonderful and fun names, lol! It's neat to read the ones that are in common with what we, or our family members, have used for our kiddos. What a delightful way to get to know you all better :)

SimplySonita
by on May. 4, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Fun thread Chell!

Sonita - Homeschooling Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4) 

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group