Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Whats bedtime like at your house?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 1:25 AM
  • 11 Replies

When and how do you put your kids down, and do they stay down? What about you and your significant, do you go to bed at the same time? Do you have trouble sleeping?

Bedtime is usually smooth going with our kids; bath, story or similar calming activity in bed, then lights out. My husband tends to work late, so he misses the routine regularly, but he helps when he's home and says goodnight when he can. They sleep well. I wish I could sleep like my family; between getting up to nurse my youngest and my already established sleep issues prior to children, I'm amazed I haven't turned into a ZOMBIE yet. Most irritating thing is that my husband can fall asleep within a minute or two on demand!!!!!!! I get so jealous :S

by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsM121
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 7:36 AM

I always laid down with my kids when they were little, usually in their beds but sometimes in our bed, until they went to sleep, then came to my bed. 

I still do that with my 5 year old from time to time but there are some nights he will lay with his brother or sister to go to sleep because when me and daddy are ready for bed (we turn in early) he is still wound up.

I'm usually asleep before I get to bed and can sleep though a hurricane (literally - slept through Hurricane Hugo) but my husband (luckily) is a light sleeper so if the kids need anything he's up with them.

SimplySonita
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Kids 'go to bed' between 8-9pm They don't have to go to sleep, they can watch TV (though they don't ever watch TV in their room anymore), read, talk, whatever, so long as t hey aren't too loud. They fall asleep when they are ready.

Hubby and I try to go to bed at the same time most nights. Usually around 9-10pm. We get up at 5 on weekdays. Kids usualy get up between 7-8am.

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

mommygirls2
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 9:12 PM

My girls go to bed at 7:30 but they are aloud to play in their rooms and then go to bed as long as they are quiet.  we read a couple books and snuggle a little too.

fisheykisses
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 5:31 PM

my son goes to bed around 8:30 and 9:00 pm
 He usually gets himself ready and tells us he is going to bed lol.

clapping 

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Well, mine are 11 and 13,so they're pretty much on their own after 10. I'm a nightowl, so as long as they're in their rooms and not bugging me, I don't care how late they stay up. When they were little, we had prayers and story by 9, then lights out. My middle child was super easy and would put herself to bed by 18 months old.
coala
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:00 AM

We do dinner, showers, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, vitamins, brush teeth, hugs, kisses, and then they go to bed.  They stay there......most nights.  My youngest will occasionally have an "issue" like her finger hurts, her leg itches, and just random things that weren't a problem earlier in the day. 

Then there are the days that we are at practice and don't get home until well after bedtime....and then shower, snack, and the rest of getting ready for bed....the LO ususally stays put because she is so exhausted.

tntmom1027
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 3:53 PM

He has to go to bed by 9 pm though not always to sleep. He is more of an night owl(like me). For the most part he stays in bed and goes to bed with minimal whinning. lol 

mommy2girls0506
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 11:41 PM

Kids go down pretty easy, we brush their teeth hair and do all the bath time stuff then come out say goodnight to everyone (which is me, my hubs, each other, and our dog Jeter they blow him kisses it's the sweetest thing) my hubs sometimes is gone at night he's a DJ so when he's not here we call him and tell him goodnight.  Then into their room to pick out a book, my oldest picks her books and starts to read it and I read to my little one or she reads to me then it's lights out after the book.

My liitle one will wake up real early in the mornings and come out and fall back asleep on our couch I don't know why but she does or she'll crawl up in bed with me.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 8:18 PM
  1. I don't have any little kids (they are 7, 8, and 11) so bedtime is different for us than it used to be. We start getting ready around 8pm (earlier in winter but in summer it's light out til 8:30 or 9, and hot upstairs anyway). They get into jammies (bathe if they need to but we don't make them every day, except the 11 y/o), brush their teeth, and once everyone is ready we have a prayer together. We alternate doing it in the girls' room or the boy's room. Then it's either read aloud night (DH is reading the Fablehaven series to them at the moment) or individual reading, where DH reads with each of them for 15 minutes or so. I only do this if he's out of town or something... it's his time to be with them and I'm happy to go downstairs and have some me time. :)

DH and I stay up an hour or two after they are in bed. We do ab exercises, watch reruns of Amazing Race or Office or maybe something new. Sometimes we read or talk to our parents on the phone.

motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 8:48 PM
My twins 6years go to bed at 9pm for the summer and my 12 years got bed at 10pm and my 14 year old go to bed at 10:30pm.or 11 between what day. Summer hours
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)