Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats bedtime like at your house?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 1:25 AM
  • 3 Replies

When and how do you put your kids down, and do they stay down? What about you and your significant, do you go to bed at the same time? Do you have trouble sleeping?

Bedtime is usually smooth going with our kids; bath, story or similar calming activity in bed, then lights out. My husband tends to work late, so he misses the routine regularly, but he helps when he's home and says goodnight when he can. They sleep well. I wish I could sleep like my family; between getting up to nurse my youngest and my already established sleep issues prior to children, I'm amazed I haven't turned into a ZOMBIE yet. Most irritating thing is that my husband can fall asleep within a minute or two on demand!!!!!!! I get so jealous :S

by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MrsM121
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 7:36 AM

I always laid down with my kids when they were little, usually in their beds but sometimes in our bed, until they went to sleep, then came to my bed. 

I still do that with my 5 year old from time to time but there are some nights he will lay with his brother or sister to go to sleep because when me and daddy are ready for bed (we turn in early) he is still wound up.

I'm usually asleep before I get to bed and can sleep though a hurricane (literally - slept through Hurricane Hugo) but my husband (luckily) is a light sleeper so if the kids need anything he's up with them.

SimplySonita
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Kids 'go to bed' between 8-9pm They don't have to go to sleep, they can watch TV (though they don't ever watch TV in their room anymore), read, talk, whatever, so long as t hey aren't too loud. They fall asleep when they are ready.

Hubby and I try to go to bed at the same time most nights. Usually around 9-10pm. We get up at 5 on weekdays. Kids usualy get up between 7-8am.

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

mommygirls2
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 9:12 PM

My girls go to bed at 7:30 but they are aloud to play in their rooms and then go to bed as long as they are quiet.  we read a couple books and snuggle a little too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)