Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Have you every thought about quitting?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 3:24 PM
  • 3 Replies

Have you thought about not homeschooling anymore and putting the kids in regular school?

I have to admit esp., with one of my kids I came close to putting them all back in.  After my son quit school and subsequently got himself locked up I went through a period where I really doubted my ability as a mother to educate them.  My husband really got mad at me for that, so did a lot of other folks but it happened and I'm past it now.  But I really got close there.

by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommygirls2
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 9:15 PM

I have never thought about quitting but I have had bad days.  Those are the days we don't do school.  Being with your kids all the time and being responsible for their education can be stressful, but look at all the good days you have with them.  I know in the long run (even on the bad days) I am doing the right thing by hs them.

SimplySonita
by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Nope, never!

My oldest son was in PS for PRek and K-as bad as that was-no thank you! I've seen the grass ont eh other side-it's not greener!

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

MommaChell
by on Apr. 28, 2011 at 12:09 AM

I have times when I find myself thinking about what life would be like if we didn't HS. When I first started, I was overwhelmed and didn't know if I could do it the way I wanted to. At the time I was on the tail end of a horrible pregnancy with my youngest and felt like I was drowning just trying to get through my everyday. I got so discouraged and intimidated that I finally decided to put the whole thing to rest for a while instead of giving it up. Now I look back on that time and I'm so glad that I handled it the way I did (thanks to prayer!). I know that I couldn't stand to be apart from my kids. We all gain SO much from our homeschooling life, It's almost laughable to think of putting our kids in the school system. I now believe that my experience in HSing only cultivates a building strength of encouragement for myself to continue with determination; it's good stuff and it's only getting better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN