Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you every thought about quitting?

Posted by   + Show Post

Have you thought about not homeschooling anymore and putting the kids in regular school?

I have to admit esp., with one of my kids I came close to putting them all back in.  After my son quit school and subsequently got himself locked up I went through a period where I really doubted my ability as a mother to educate them.  My husband really got mad at me for that, so did a lot of other folks but it happened and I'm past it now.  But I really got close there.

by on Apr. 27, 2011 at 3:24 PM
Replies (11-18):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Yay! Are you going to have a party after graduation?  

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: Regularly... I know my oldest would do fine, but he graduates in December..yeah! One down..lol DS2 would suffer in public school. He has learning disabilities and needs the direction. No PS for him DD would torture the teacher..lol I may go back to work soon and if I do, she would go to PS.

debramommyof4
by Group Admin on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:51 PM
I do all the time.

But when I get down on my self I go over why I homeschool and is it still relevant.

1. Are my kids working on their current grade level?
No they are still all over the. board.

2. Would public school help with anything they are struggling with?
No

3. Other than being easier on me is there any reason they need to go to school.

No

4. Am I still able to teach them all they need to know, even if I need help?

Yes.

So as long as these answers stay the same I will homeschool.
spitfire06
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:55 PM
I am struggling with being a sahm.. I want to quit but not. I needed to say it out loud somewhere :/ sorry for barging in on Ur post..
StaciF
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:02 PM
I think about it every.dang.day!!!!!
stormie1985
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:57 PM
Only every day... sometimes every other day
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:00 PM
Yes Ds is terrible to homeschool. He is my child I've been told by the best developmental pediatrician in the area will never fit in a box so I need to get myself counseling to survive raising him. Apparently I'm doing everything right it's just not going to be easy with him.
Dd is a breeze to homeschool. She loves doing workbooks and asks for more work on weekends and such. So I've never considered it with her.
DisabledVet
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Why did they get mad? I think, unless they're willing to do the work, they have no right to criticize you for the way you feel.

My parents found the best solution in my mind. I went to public school and then had extra schooling at home. I was lucky that both my parents were very educated and felt that education was important.

Because I went to school I had lots of friends and was properly socialized. The extra schooling I got at home, helped me use my intelligence properly by giving me the tools I needed.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:47 PM

He will be finishing up and earning his Eagle Scout rank soon, so we will have a Court of Honor/Graduation party. It will be a big BBQ (he requested cheeseburgers for his meal) at the Elks Lodge.

Quoting kirbymom:

Yay! Are you going to have a party after graduation?  

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: Regularly... I know my oldest would do fine, but he graduates in December..yeah! One down..lol DS2 would suffer in public school. He has learning disabilities and needs the direction. No PS for him DD would torture the teacher..lol I may go back to work soon and if I do, she would go to PS.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking Mom to Life Scout Ian 1/98Star Scout Sean 9/00, Cadette GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN