Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How often do you take field trips?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2011 at 11:50 AM
  • 6 Replies

We go as often as we can-I look for free events nearby.

We try to take at least 2 a month.

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

by on Apr. 30, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MommaChell
by on May. 1, 2011 at 10:52 PM

For now, any outing is a field trip. I'm sure that will change some as they age. We most recently went to the Fort Worth Zoo and had a blast. They were having their dinosaur days. I think two a month is a great goal. I believe we may try that system! Free stuff for the win!

How do you go about finding the free events for your area?

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM

At least once a week. Last week we went to one of the local art museums, walked downtown and had ice cream at the creamery. We almost always end up at Barnes and Noble during the week.

Next week we are hoping to hit one of the larger art museums and maybe the children's museum.

Hoping we can start getting back into the zoo. We live only 5 minutes from it... but it has been so CROWDED lately with the different schools taking their spring breaks.

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mother. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. My husband is head of my home. I am a proud Roman Catholic, as is my husband.             Aimee

Follow my blog at:

http://unexpurgatedmom.blogspot.com/

SimplySonita
by on May. 2, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Chell-I have an up coming post on my blog (hopefully this week if I have time to finish it) about how I find out about all the free stuff I do. I get asked the question so often I got tired of typing 1/2 answers over and over LOL

I know with the economy like it is, lots of people are just now starting to learn ways to save money and find freebies and such, so I think it's relevant.

Aimee-I wish we could afford a once a week field trip! We live int eh boonies so gas is a huge exspense - which is why most of our field trips are free ones! LOL

But at least hubby has a job now so we can go as often as we do-I'm thankful for that! (he was unemployed for 2 years!)

Sonita - Homeschooling Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4) 

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group