Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Do you do anything to make money?

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2011 at 11:58 AM
  • 29 Replies

Do you work outside the home? Make money online? Work from home?

I make a little money off my blog. But I don't try very hard to make more LOL

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

by on Apr. 30, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsM121
by on Apr. 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Not really I used to do a few things online but it wasn't worth the effort and didn't really pay out at all.

SimplySonita
by on May. 1, 2011 at 8:41 AM

In the past I have babysat and had an Etsy shop and didgraphic design.

I currently just blog though LOL

Sonita - Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

MommaChell
by on May. 1, 2011 at 5:54 PM

No, but i like the thought. Perhaps after my kids are a little older and I have more time to myself.

JoyfulMommyof2
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Hi, Sonita!

I was looking through the previous posts so that I wouldn't repeat a question, and I found the question I wanted to ask here.  I really would like to make some extra money working from home, but I don't know what or how.  My children are older than most in this group, 12 and 9.  I currently sell Avon/Mark/TinyTillia, but I earn very little.  I sell to a few family members and friends, but I don't have the ability (or personality--insecure, etc.) to go out to homes and businesses to do much actual "selling."  I was really hoping to find some ideas from other moms on this site.  The Lord has blessed my husband with a great job, but it's still hard to stay out of debt on one income.  (I worked outside the home until my first child was born.)  I was hoping to generate new interest in this post.  I did notice that some moms mentioned being self-employed. 

Would anyone in the group be interested (please!) in sharing ideas for self-employment or other legitimate ways (no "Get Rich Quick" schemes please) to earn extra income?

JoyfulMommyof2 busy mom

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jul. 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM
I run a retail shop online (www.nikkislittlehouse.com) it is mostly baby and kid items with a focus on cloth diapering and accessories. I have been branching out this year to other Eco friendly items.

I don't make a lot of money, and it's a lot of work. But I do enjoy it.

I also sew,making cloth diapers, purses, anything really. And I have 2 embroidery machines so I do custom embroidery for a few local businesses and people online.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MedicMommy
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Right now, I make money by saving money. I do go back to work next week, but only for a few more weeks. Then, well, back to saving (not like I will stop)
I have thought about having an online store, selling herbal remedies, cloth diapers, burp pads, and other stuff like that. Depends on what I can teach myself to make :) 

Follow me on my learning how to be not so mainstream, homeschooling, dealing with infertility blog!
http://mommatoafireboy.blogspot.com/

Feel free to throw coffee at me if I'm grumpy :)

AbundanceMagnet
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I have my own cleaning business.  I can work my schedule however I need to which is nice but I'm basically working full time now (not my original plan) LOL 

FlyHippie
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Photography...

countjb
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I collect Social Security Disability and live economically.

Melyssa-R
by on Jul. 7, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Nope.  I tried a couple of flexible part-time things in the past (greeting card merchandiser and secret shopping and once a commercial cleaning gig) but I felt it still took away time and energy from the things I need to do at home and wasn't worth the extra $.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)