How do you get your 'me time' or 'couples alone' in?
As a homeschooling mom, we are with our kids 24/7. Especially younger kids. So how do you get in your 'me time' or alone time with hubby?
Here are the things I do:
- Get up with hubby at 5am! We enjoy breakfast and coffee together.
- He's out the door at 6 then I have alone time before the kids get up
- We have (almost) daily quite time here mid-day. I may send them to their room with books so I can have alone time or make phone calls or we may all 3 just pile in my bed with some books for a read aloud or rest time.
- Off to Grammy's house! My parents live right next door, so my kids usually go over to her house 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes to all day long some days. I love that they are so close that they are part of our daily lives.
- I usually dont' do the dinner dishes after dinner. I save them for after hubby is off to work-this way housework isn't cutting into family time (since hubby works long hours) or our couples alone time.
- Bedtime. My kids know they dont' have to go right to sleep, but they do have to go to bed at a certian time. The cna talk, read, watch tv, whatever so long as they stay in bed and aren't too loud. This is alone time with hubby before bed.
So how do you work in alone time or couples time?
Sonita - Homeschooling Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)
Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group