Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get your 'me time' or 'couples alone' in?

Posted by   + Show Post

As a homeschooling mom, we are with our kids 24/7. Especially younger kids. So how do you get in your 'me time' or alone time with hubby?

Here are the things I do:

• Get up with hubby at 5am! We enjoy breakfast and coffee together.
  • He's out the door at 6 then I have alone time before the kids get up
  • We have (almost) daily quite time here mid-day. I may send them to their room with books so I can have alone time or make phone calls or we may all 3 just pile in my bed with some books for a read aloud or rest time.
  • Off to Grammy's house! My parents live right next door, so my kids usually go over to her house 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes to all day long some days. I love that they are so close that they are part of our daily lives.
  • I usually dont' do the dinner dishes after dinner. I save them for after hubby is off to work-this way housework isn't cutting into family time (since hubby works long hours) or our couples alone time. 
  • Bedtime. My kids know they dont' have to go right to sleep, but they do have to go to bed at a certian time. The cna talk, read, watch tv, whatever so long as they stay in bed and aren't too loud. This is alone time with hubby before bed.

So how do you work in alone time or couples time?

Sonita - Homeschooling Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4)

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group

by on May. 1, 2011 at 6:00 PM
Replies (21-25):
jen2150
by on Oct. 15, 2015 at 6:01 AM
Ours is every evening. Since my fitbit he has to share me with the trampoline. My kids are 11 and 13 so I get plenty now. Earlier we used the gym and co-ops for alone time. When they were little I set the timer and they couldn't disturb unless blood or injury was involved. Every day I had reading adult time. They could come near me but had to be library quite
Mandalynn252
by Member on Oct. 15, 2015 at 12:44 PM

I try to have some quiet time in the afternoon where my kids watch a movie and chill out for a bit. But that's usually when I get dinner going so sometimes it's a break and sometimes it's not. 

then I also bowl for a league once a week. I get out and have some fun. When the kids are older and we can leave them at home, my husband and I will bowl together. For couples time, we usually try to do something together in the evenings. It's hard this week since we had Girl scouts and bowling. My in laws usually do something with us during the weekend so we might slip away for an hour or so and just spend a quiet moment together.

coala
by Gold Member on Oct. 16, 2015 at 3:01 PM

Our extra curricular schedule doesn't leave us much time to be "alone".  We are all so tired when we finally get home during the week (it's close to 10 or later) that we shower and go to bed.

I would love to have "lunch dates" since our kids are getting a little older and we can leave them home alone for an hour or two during the day.  I'm just not comfortable leaving them after dark.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Oct. 17, 2015 at 12:09 AM
DH and I haven't been a couple in quite some time. I do not worry about it anymore. We are roommates raising our kids.

For me time, I am always the first one up by a couple of hours. That is my school grading/planning time and I catch the morning news.

I also volunteer at the Elks Lodge. I am an Officer and have one weekly meeting and two board meetings a month. One nights I have Elks, I make sure dinner is on the table, then take off.

I also take a karate class. Karate is my release and distressed.

barbie_girl870
by Member on Oct. 18, 2015 at 7:32 AM
Get up early and stay up late when we can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN