Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Kindergarten Curriculum

Posted by on May. 1, 2011 at 8:36 PM
  • 5 Replies

What would you ladies recommend for our kindergarten curriculum and why? I'm eclectic and working to build something just right for us. Any recommendations, suggestions, & advice is welcome :)

by on May. 1, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrsM121
by on May. 2, 2011 at 4:55 PM

For my son I'm using Time4Learning and letting his do things that he is interested in.  Right now he is currently nagging me to come check the potatos to see if they are ready to plant....

PeanutEmmynem
by on May. 4, 2011 at 12:09 PM
I can't say enough about MEP math! We also use lesson pathways some and Hooked on Phonics. Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons is good for speech issues as well as reading:).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaChell
by on May. 4, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Thanks ladies :)

I'll be looking into your suggestions, thanks!

SimplySonita
by on May. 4, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I did a review of Teach Me Joy and we're still using it (for PreK-but they have K too)

I'm reviewing ABCmouse.com right now-my 4 year old REALLLLLLLLY loves it! But it's alomst 100% computer based, so that won't work for everyone. (I'll be doing a giveaway when I post the review, BTW)

You don't need much for Kindergarten IMHO. I really don't see a need to spend hundreds of dollars on curriculum to teach a 5 year old....

Sonita - Homeschooling Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4) 

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group