Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

clothing

Posted by on May. 2, 2011 at 4:10 PM
  • 5 Replies

Since we are homeschoolers we don't have school uniforms so how much do you spend on your childs clothing?  Where do you go to get it? What about hand-me-downs.

by on May. 2, 2011 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MrsM121
by on May. 2, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I buy most of their clothing at the thrift store with the exception of underclothes, socks and shoes.  With four kids it can be expensive and I'm blessed with kids who are super rough on clothing.  We do hand-me-downs here.  As a matter of fact my 5 year old has clothing his 19 and 17 year old brother used to wear.  My daughter got kind of lucky being an only girl, all her clothing is orginal, well semi, she gets clothes from me from time to time.

MommaChell
by on May. 4, 2011 at 2:53 PM

We try to get the best quality for our buck. We shop thrift stores, get clothes from family (new and used) and try to shop sales where we can. We also have an only daughter and she gets tons of stuff from my in-laws, always new. My youngest gets mostly hand me downs from my middle boy- it's so cute to see him in the stuff his brother wore, even though he's wearing everything about a month and a half earlier than my middle son did, lol! I'm blessed that our family buys a lot of clothing for them. For now, our method seems to be saving us money, YAY to that! 

BusCaptainMama
by on May. 4, 2011 at 4:56 PM
We go to the thrift stores, get hand me downs from friends & family & they get clothes as gifts, too! Very rarely do I buy them new clothes LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SimplySonita
by on May. 4, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Thrift stores, yard sales, clearance racks and hand-me-downs here!

Sonita - Homeschooling Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4) 

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group